Texas - Central Texas S2000 Owners Central Texas S2000 Owners

Sun Dec 15th - Holiday Drive/Dinner - Details

Old 12-16-2002 | 09:18 PM

Oh my goodness why did i have a feeling that unfortunate things were going to happen--i think that's why i didn't go either--

i've had quite a few unfortunate events happen--well now i have done it and lost my cell phone last night at the club and no one was nice enough to turn it in yet--
all my important phone numbers are in there--i wish the person who found out knows that i would even buy them another cell phone just so i can have that one!
Old 12-17-2002 | 08:07 AM
Community Organizer

Might want to consider doing a little less of the party thang, there

Anyways, as for my car -- I'm taking it to the body shop this afternoon.... Going to go home and get it, then take it down there.

$200 deductable on my collision insurance -- not as bad as I thought it would be.
Old 12-17-2002 | 11:18 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by rickycrx
[B]Might want to consider doing a little less of the party thang, there

Anyways, as for my car -- I'm taking it to the body shop this afternoon.... Going to go home and get it, then take it down there.

$200 deductable on my collision insurance -- not as bad as I thought it would be.
Old 12-17-2002 | 12:02 PM
Community Organizer

ahh, okay.... I just thought you might have been drunk, hence the forgetting the cell phone part

Try calling your own phone? Maybe somebody will answer it... But then again, by now they could have racked up tons of calls on your bill.
Old 12-17-2002 | 02:18 PM
20 Year Member

Oh my. Well I'm glad everyone is physically okay. I know what you mean about not being in the mood to drive after your car or someone elses car gets messed up. Been there, done that and it's not fun. But I'm glad everyone's okay. Sorry I couldn't make it for at least the food. Work's been a bear lately.
Old 12-18-2002 | 06:15 AM
Community Organizer

Another update -- took my car to the body shop yesterday....They said my car is totaled....

Just kidding.... I took it to the shop that Barrett Jaguar/Ferrari recommended, as per the great suggestion I received! They assured me there would be no overspray anywhere on the car, and if there was, they'd remove it. They also said they would be able to get my VIN stickers reproduced so it would look all factory original again on any body panels they replace (and will be using all 100% OEM Honda parts). Also, they will be popping out my one little tiny door ding on the passenger side rear quarter panel for me, and will be fixing the rocker panel below the passenger's door that had gotten messed up some months back.

Sounds like my car will be good as new when it comes back. I'm still slightly concerned about the yellow paint matching, but they said they can usually get it to match, and if it doesn't, they will blend it so that it does.... They had just finished painting a silver (another hard color to match) Ferrari and it looked great.

They will have to remove my windshield to straighten the upper window frame, and there's a chance it could break when they remove it. That would actually be a blessing if it did break, because I do have a couple very tiny pit marks from rocks on it... But all in all, sounds like they are very detailed and will do a good job. I also told them to check my alignment, because the car pulls very slightly to the right now, and my RF tire squeeled when going around a highway turnaround yesteday at a moderate (not fast) speed.... So they will get it up on a lift and see what's going on underneath there.

Anyways, I told them to take as long as they need since I have another car to drive.... I want a quality job, not something that's rushed to get out the door. They said the damage was pretty minor, but that it might end up being around $3-4k.

All that for hitting a stupid stop sign..... Grrr, makes me want to buy a big lumbering SUV that can plow through cars AND signs, and not get a single scratch -- NOT!

Happy motoring, guys and gals, and be careful out there... It's been beautiful out, and wishing I could have thrown my top down the last couple of days.
Old 12-18-2002 | 08:06 AM
Banned

Originally posted by rickycrx
They said my car is totaled....
S*&T, you scared me!
Old 12-18-2002 | 09:06 AM

Ricky,

Let me know if your happy with the work. I have to get the bumper fixed on my car soon.
Old 12-18-2002 | 09:56 AM
Community Organizer

From what work I saw on that Ferrari, it was very reassuring... They don't cut any corners there and remove any trim, lights, etc, before painting anything.

I will definately let you know how it turns out when I get it back.
Old 12-18-2002 | 12:47 PM
20 Year Member

FYI, it is not legal to remove and re-attach serial numbers. May cause you problems in the future.

Hope everything goes will for you.

-- Jose

Quick Reply: Sun Dec 15th - Holiday Drive/Dinner - Details