Texas - Central Texas S2000 Owners Central Texas S2000 Owners

Sun Dec 15th - Holiday Drive/Dinner - Details

Old 12-15-2002 | 07:24 PM

pics to come as soon as i upload them!
Old 12-15-2002 | 07:42 PM

despite the 2 incidents, today turned out to be alot of fun. thanks to everybody who participated and set it up.

now onto some pics...

Old 12-15-2002 | 08:17 PM
20 Year Member

Well, we made it back okay without anymore incidents.

It was a beautiful day despite not completing the scheduled trek due to the incidents discussed further up the thread.

Very Tired,
Joe
Old 12-15-2002 | 09:50 PM
Banned

Originally posted by rickycrx
...but the damage was done...

Unfortunately, there wasn't anything I could do....
I've more or less been repeatedly playing this through my head over the past 10+ hours or so(One of several reasons why I decided to head home), trying to figure out exactly what could have been done differently, since it was basically luck that I chose to go left around the lead car. (I now know what if feels like, when the ABS engages)...

Thankfully, nobody was seriously hurt.

I know one thing, I'm definitely getting myself a Talkabout for next time...
Old 12-16-2002 | 07:23 AM
Community Organizer

Yeah, it was definately a beautiful drive, until that one road. I'm still a bit shaken up by this whole thing. I think I'll be the last car in Sondra's group the next time we have a drive
Old 12-16-2002 | 10:19 AM

Man sorry to hear about the incidents, but what was the first incident? Sorry about the mishaps. I still would have liked to bethere, but I have a bad feeling it would have been me in the incidents.
Old 12-16-2002 | 10:39 AM
20 Year Member

The first incident was when Rudy's car sucked water into the intake and hydrolocked. Thankfully, after the car was towed back to my house and drained of "nonessential fluids," everything is working fine and Rudy was able to drive it home again.

Notably, Rudy has a CAI, so this wasn't an issue with the nonmodified cars, as you can see from the last pic in the series that Bluez posted.
Old 12-16-2002 | 10:44 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by rickycrx
[B]Yeah, it was definately a beautiful drive, until that one road.
Old 12-16-2002 | 11:34 AM
Community Organizer

Now that I will have a front-end free of rock chips, I think I will take the last spot in the lineup...

Going to at least try to keep it that way, anyways...

The only way to truly avoid getting lots of rock chips is to be the first guy in the lineup leading everybody.
Old 12-16-2002 | 07:45 PM

I posted this on our site: Honestly, I had a great time and hope to do something with you all again, as they say Stuff Happens. Thank You

First off,

I have waited for all my fellow Houstooks to have time to forgive me. Joe, Jeff, Rudy, Rudy and Shaun.

They all joined me as I twisted arms for this drive. I think if I had to do it again I would.

All concidered we all had a good time, had some great driving, great comradre, and awesome hospitality from the Austin folks.

Rudy's car is fine. I know this because as we headed home late Sunday night we decided to take it easy so Rudy could make sure his car was 100%. Yea right, easy my fat A$$. Joe the last half of the run home was a blast, the only problem I had was the several unknowns that were right on my bumper trying to get a draft. lol

Thank you, for going. I have an idea for our next drive, interested??? LOL

As for the SA S2K that had a very bad day, those of us that were there can only be thankful that we are not having a memorial service. Great reaction, lots of luck, and all the stars in alignment kept the final mishap from flowers and tears. Ricky I hope all comes out well, and my best to you.

Gary

Quick Reply: Sun Dec 15th - Holiday Drive/Dinner - Details