Texas - Central Texas S2000 Owners Central Texas S2000 Owners

STi to S2000? Anyone want to drive an STi?

Old 04-06-2004, 01:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey all,
I'm considering selling/trading in the STi on an S2000 but cannot locate a test drive...
long story short, anyone want to get together sometime to drive an STi and I check out, look over and drive an S2000?

My car has 3k miles, white, immaculate all around... (even still smells new )
If your interested (looking for adult minded people) email me at silverbane_@hotmail.com or post here, i'm in Austin.

FYI this wont be dragracing or anything and I figured we'd get in both cars together and hit up maybe 2222 or 35, 183, etc to just get a general feel for the other car, nothing crazy.

Silverbane
An expert at anything was once a beginner...
Old 04-07-2004, 07:15 AM
Community Organizer

I have driven an STi both on the streets and for a couple fun-runs at an AutoCross. I could definitely see driving one as a daily driver, and there's a chance it's probably more practical as such, but the S2k still wins for overall fun-factor. I have no doubt that the STi is MUCH faster in a straight line, and probably can be driven just as fast (assuming equal setups) in AutoCross, just due to the power that it has... It would be a tossup for me if I had to choose between the two. If I already owned one and not the other, I'd probably be lusting for the other... Just as I somewhat lust for the torque and factory turbo power of the STi, I would lust for the drop-top go-kart feel of the S2k if I had an STi...

Consequently, I'm happy with what I have (the S2k).

I recently bit the bullet and bought a *SOMEWHAT* comfortable daily driver (auto tranny, but oh well)... It's going to serve secondary duty as a tow vehicle to tow my S2k to AutoCrosses (I will get race tires for next season).. It's a '98 Blazer. Definitely no performance vehicle, and doesn't get the best gas mileage in the world, but it will be useful for some of the things I'm starting to get into (mountain biking with a bunch of the guys at the office, etc) and for what I have planned for next race season.

It also helps that I got it for a really good price.
Old 04-07-2004, 02:44 PM

Hey Ricky,
yeah I already have a daily and I'm looking for a fun weekend car, maybe i'll find someone here that wants to hang out for about an hour or so sometime

The STi is a blast no doubt (puts a grin on my face) but I still feel the need to check the S2k since its still in the back of my mind and I used to drive an MR2 (MKII) so the small cornering machine is still in my mind

I'm still tempted to purchase an S2k on looks alone