Texas - Central Texas S2000 Owners Central Texas S2000 Owners

Speeding ticket record

Old 03-18-2002, 02:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by infinitebass
Called today. We just have to send in a letter requesting deferred adjudication, we'll end up having to take defensive driving, (Defensivedriving.com here I come...again), and we'll get our 30 day probation. Fee is only $240, no court fee (seeing as how we don't have to go to court).

That is, assuming our reqest is granted.

Blake

I'm crossing my fingers...please grant me this...please....

MAY
Old 03-25-2002, 06:31 AM

Originally posted by a_MAY_zing_1

I'm crossing my fingers...please grant me this...please....

MAY
*GASP!* LMAO!!!! May, that was you!!?!?!??!! SHIIIIIIIIIIIIT!! LOL!!! I don't know if you can get out of that one. You'll prolly have to find a REALLY sharp laywer to find you the loop holes. It can be done, though.
Old 05-21-2002, 02:16 PM

well.. just wondering... does deferred adjudication works on any state... got busted while going home doing 76mph in 65mph from PA (PA Turn-pike)to NY!!!!
Old 05-22-2002, 06:30 AM
Banned

Wow, I was about to post about how the little bull$@# town of Giddings gave me a $115 ticket for going 45 in a 35, but this pretty much blows my story away.

Sometimes you just have no luck. I drove about 5-9 over from Houston to Austin being super careful not to look suspicious, since I didn't have my V1 with me (thought I wouldn't need it, and i wouldn't have helped me). I get to a 45 zone on 290, and slow down to 45. As I'm driving through town, I'm momentarily distracted since another cop has someone pulled over on the other side of the road. I catch the 35 MPH marker out of the corner of my eye and start braking when a second cop comes over and gives me the business.

A plane ticket and $115 for Giddings basically means I now paid MSRP for my car. So much for trying to get a deal.
Old 05-22-2002, 07:05 AM

I failed to mention-- exactly 1 week from that ticket I received another ticket on my way back from Enchanted Rocks on I-10/Boerne area. Can't remember--but I think it was 86 in 65. I didn't receive my V1 yet. I kept telling the officer-I was going with traffic--which I was but he continued to say--"but you were going 86 in a 65!" He was heading the opposite direction and came back around to get me--I think I stood out because of my HID's! The other officer kept circling my car prolly trying to figure out what it is-- I'm glad he didn't see no FLP!
Old 05-22-2002, 07:11 AM
Banned

Originally posted by infinitebass
Called today. We just have to send in a letter requesting deferred adjudication, we'll end up having to take defensive driving, (Defensivedriving.com here I come...again), and we'll get our 30 day probation....
So what does deferred adjudication mean? The ticket gets dismissed and doesn't show up on your record? Or does it just mean no jail time and/or license suspension?
Old 05-22-2002, 07:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by BeyerMonster
[B]

So what does deferred adjudication mean?
Old 05-22-2002, 09:50 AM
Banned

Generally you can get deferred adjudication WITHOUT defensive driving if it is your first offense in the city you were ticketed in. You just have to pay a fine. If I hadn't been going 131, I wouldn't have had to take DD as well.

Also, most people think that if you have gotten a ticket and are on probation, if you get another you're screwed. I can tell you for $30 to pay a traffic lawyer, you'll never have a ticket on your record. I've gotten about 4 tickets in Fort Worth, and not one is on my record.

Blake
Old 05-22-2002, 10:16 AM

I believe VTECnology shared a story in which he was caught in a vette doing 143 in a 45. I believe the offense was 'attempted vehicular manslaughter' since he had a passenger. That was the ultimate speeding story, ever.
Old 05-23-2002, 01:38 PM

Hey sorry to hear about your ticket, but good job on the nominal fine.
In San Antonio it is much worse. There have been a lot of street racing accidents as of late.
I got stopped for 106 in a 65.
I was immediately taken to jail @ 10 at night and was not able to arrange my release until noon the next day.
I was charged with speeding as well as "reckless endangerment".
After all the fees and attorneys,etc...the final cost was $1600!!!

Quick Reply: Speeding ticket record