Texas - Central Texas S2000 Owners Central Texas S2000 Owners

Speeding ticket record

Old 03-10-2002, 10:00 PM
Former Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice one!! gonna scan it in to share with us?

no more federal limits...remember montana going unlimited a few years back...
Old 03-10-2002, 10:21 PM

Originally posted by 4Cars1Teenager
B. Where is the speed limit 70, i thought federal laws limit to 65, it was down to 55 then they raised it again
There isn't a federal limit anymore. They repealed that six years ago. Most interstates and highways are 70 and turnpikes in Oklahoma are 75. It looks like you're in New England so that would explain your confusion since the politicians up there are keeping the limits lower. I believe it's still 55 in CT.

Mark
Old 03-10-2002, 11:21 PM
Banned

It was on I-10, about halfway between Seguin and Houston.

I guess I should tell the story in a bit more detail. The traffic was VERY light. The area this happened is perfectly flat and perfectly straight. We weren't driving at this speed the entire way, just on this one section. Well, top was down, and it was VERY windy (15+mph). Windows were of course up, so the wind gusts were really noticable. I had my music up pretty loud as well. Regardless, I was concentrating HARD on the road to counter any unexpected gusts. My passenger was looking at the speedo, so he/she wasn't watching the road. The cop was coming towards us, using (surprisingly, since this was out in the middle of no where) KA radar. I didn't hear it, and noticed it when the strength was at one/two bars, so I looked around and didn't see anything. I got caught up in traffic doing about 80 mph, when I look back and see him coming behind me a good ways up the road. He didn't have his lights on, but of course I get to the slow lane, he pulls behind me, and I know immediately what was up. He flashed his lights for a second and I pulled off, and the other S2K came up from behind and pulled in front of me.

Apparently he had pulled next to the other s2k, motioned him/her to follow, then continued to find me. Had I seen him, since he took a while to actually start after us, according to the other s2k owner, I would have gotten off and hopefully gotten away. But he was REALLY friendly. I was surprised. Said S2K owner thought of him as being relatively nervous as well.

Cost on the ticket is $240, and I will be calling the judge today or tomorrow to talk to him about defered adjudication, and see if there is a chance, since neither of us S2K owners are frequently in that county. They get their money, we get our punishment. Everyone benefits!

One moral everyone should get out of this story is that this is proof that you might think that by following someone who's driving fast, they'll be the only one to get a ticket. But it doesn't work that way!

I do feel really bad because I led the other S2K owner into the ticket, since I was the radar guy...I'm really sorry!

Blake
Old 03-11-2002, 04:44 AM

Are you sure the cop just didn't hear you?

Jose
Old 03-11-2002, 05:03 AM

My worst was about 10 years ago, state police wrote me up for doing 87 in a 55 I got it reduced in court to 65 .
Old 03-11-2002, 06:06 AM

Sheriff's Department? TXDPS? or City? Did you admit (to the P.O.) your speed (130)? I was a P.O. while in College. Being an ex P.O., I can say this one is gonna be tough. I once wrote a DR a ticket doing 120 in a 45. He fought it and won. His attorney was sharp. After scoping the case, the attorney found a technical glitch in the certification paperwork with a radar antenna. The radar was accurate, but the paperwork for the equipment wasn't. Sounds stupid, but true.

I would consult with an attorney in the county in which it was written. A lil reserach will turn up counsel who knows how to a least get it reduced and if sharp, get it dismissed.

There is a lot that goes on behind the scenes in the judicial system. It's worth a try to find counsel who knows the judge (J.P. or City).

Good luck and drive safe.

Marky Mark
Old 03-11-2002, 06:38 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally posted by infinitebass
Cost on the ticket is $240, and I will be calling the judge today or tomorrow to talk to him about defered adjudication, and see if there is a chance, since neither of us S2K owners are frequently in that county. They get their money, we get our punishment. Everyone benefits!
Man! If that is all it cost, you got the record and got off cheap. Consider yourself lucky.

I have paid more for lessor tickets.. but I just have no luck in that area. It is faster that I have heard, but I was with my brother when he got a 103 in a 35 so he was a bit more over the limit.. and it cost him more to get out of it too.
Old 03-13-2002, 11:30 AM

Originally posted by johnyboy32

Double would be 140...but my sentiments exactly.
Daytime 70 (speed limit during the day for passenger cars on I. H. 10 - area of alleged violation)

70 x 2 = 140

Night 65 (speed limit at night for passenger cars on I. H. 10 - area of alleged violation)

65x 2 = 130
Old 03-13-2002, 12:18 PM

I was "clocked" while doing 165mph down 360 many years ago... I think the speed limit is 55mph.

The cop wrote me up for "89 in a 55"... Deferred judification, and a few dollars later, all was forgiven.

BTW-- I was on my GSXR-R 750 motorcycle... I had changed the gearing and wanted to see how much I lost off the top end.

-- Aaron
Old 03-13-2002, 03:20 PM

Originally posted by amartin
I was "clocked" while doing 165mph down 360 many years ago... I think the speed limit is 55mph.

The cop wrote me up for "89 in a 55"... Deferred judification, and a few dollars later, all was forgiven.

BTW-- I was on my GSXR-R 750 motorcycle... I had changed the gearing and wanted to see how much I lost off the top end.

-- Aaron
Those must be some mighty big ones yer packin

Quick Reply: Speeding ticket record