Texas - Central Texas S2000 Owners Central Texas S2000 Owners

Some problems with my S

Old 06-26-2004, 07:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After the wreck my car is not the same of course. I just drove it for the 1st time since the wreck and there are more problems with it. The engine sounds different and is rattling loudly and vibrating badly (I hear a clicking as well). Inside the cockpit it sounds loud. The steering wheel veers to the right. The shifter is slugish and hard to shift into 1st and 2nd. And last but not least the engine wants to stall when I start it and when at a complete stop. These are all things that are worriing me. Im wondering the magnitude of the problems my car is having. Does anyone have any experience with this and is this detrimental to the car? Thanks
Old 06-26-2004, 08:32 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

8 views and no one has said the obvious... Take the car back to whatever shop did the work. They obviously have a LOT to still do. If your wreck, and subsequent repairs were covered under insurance (and if the wreck wasn't your fault to point of insurance having dropped you), then consult your insurance company to complain that repairs have not been completed. Report to the insurance company your problems you're still facing.

Of course, if you received any settlement check and signed anything indicating that the settlement is now closed...then these problems are yours to deal with unfortunately. But that should not deter you from facing the shoddy shop.
Old 06-26-2004, 08:49 PM
Banned

w1ingman, no one has said he's had any work done to it. He just asked about a body shop a few days ago, so there's a good chance that he hasn't had it fixed yet. So I think what he's asking is what could have happened, not visibly, that would cause those problems. So maybe the obvious isn't the answer.

It would help if you described the wreck. Without knowing what happened, there's no way to say what might have caused the problem or what the problem might be.

Blake
Old 06-26-2004, 08:51 PM
Banned

Blue, where abouts in Austin do you live?

Blake
Old 06-27-2004, 05:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just make sure the body shop and ins. adjuster know about all these problems. Getting everything identified upfront, before sig. money is spent on repairs, great increase the chances of having your car totaled, if that's what you're looking for.

Jeff's is pretty good at dealing w/ stingy a**hole insurance companies like Geico.
Old 06-27-2004, 08:21 AM

Alright heres the spill on what happened.

I havnt done anything with the car yet.

The wreck was my fault because of failure to yield right of way to traffic.(I got the ticket) I was turning left out of a parking lot and from my left came a motorcyle and hit me at presumably 10-20 miles per hour I dont know it could have been as low as 5. Im just estimating that. My car went about 7-8 feet out of the parking lot and I stoped bc I saw him at the last minute and thats when he hit me. Right before the collision I came to an imediate stop and then he hit me on my driver side and his front tire caught the chasis inside of the front bumper and that is what threw him off bc it stopped his bike dead in its track. From seeing the damages he hit my front driver side tire and now its bent inward and the driver side bumper is trashed and only visible mechanical damages were intercooler lines being slightly bent. Im very stirred by all of this because I hit some one on a bike and its more serious. Hes fine though. It seems to me it was the jolt from the impact that is causing the problems.

Like Chris said having the car totaled. It doesnt seem totaled but I dont know what the prereq's are for a car to be totaled. From the looks of it the front tire is pushed in on side by probably an inch and the front looks completly offset. All of the front metal panels are shifted. And the problems I explained with the engine etc.
I have never been in a wreck. Forgive my ignorance but if the car is totaled does than mean they will still fix it?

Also one other note the sound beep that comes on when the headlights are on and the key is out of the ignition sounds different.
Old 06-27-2004, 08:23 AM

Blake
Blue, where abouts in Austin do you live?
I live in south austin, next to brodie and slaughter. Right behind Bowie High School.
Old 06-27-2004, 01:22 PM
Banned

Hrm...I dunno...I wouldn't drive it though. Got any pictures?

And what intercooler lines?
Old 06-27-2004, 02:36 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by infinitebass
Old 06-27-2004, 05:52 PM

Sorry guys I was multitasking and got it mixed up with something else. It was the cooling lines I believe. Im going to take some pics of it tomorrow

Quick Reply: Some problems with my S