Texas - Central Texas S2000 Owners Central Texas S2000 Owners

Paintless Dent Repair in Austin?

Old 12-09-2001, 02:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paintless Dent Repair in Austin?

Got my first ding from someone's door hitting my car. This used to happen all of the time on my Cherokee, but I never cared. On this car it pisses you off, especially as the car doesn't "fill-up" a parking space so people have to just throw their doors open to hit it. It's not bad, but it is infront of the mirror on the radius that bend's the light so beautifuly - now it's not so be-a-u-tiful.

I may have got it at a car wash place (won't tell you which one - as it is speculation) or at my apartment complex, but it wasn't there before I took it to the car wash, but I left the car wash when it was dark outside and I didn't notice the dent till today.

Anyway, I was wondering if any of you guys have taken the leap of faith and give your baby to a paintless dent repair place here in Austin. If so how much, and how was the quality of the work.

I've never used a PDR place or known anyone that has - can someone educate my with their opinions?

I'd appreciate any help you have.

Thanks,
Dave
Old 12-09-2001, 03:18 PM

My car is being fixed at Jeff's auto body, and I had them take all the dents out of my car using PDR. I went by and looked at it, and at a glance, it looks perfect. Sometime next week after it's waxed in the sun I'll give it a better look.

Anyway, the place they use is called Dent Busters, and is located on Lamar. I was charged $200 to take out about 6 dents on four panels. The worst were the two front fenders that was repeatedly dented by mechanics leaning on them. But now everything is pretty much perfect.

Good luck!
Old 12-09-2001, 04:51 PM
DDD

Some jerk put a dent on the drivers side door on my black miata once during lunch. I even saw it happen from the resturant. He was a passenger in a rustang and just let the door swing wide and hit my car. He then pulled the door back touched the dent and got in the car and took off. Three things burned me up about this: 1. I saw it happen, 2. It was on the drivers side door so I saw it everytime I got in the car, and 3. the guy knew what he did.
I took my car to Dent Busters on Burnet Road, 20 minutes and $30 later I couldn't even tell where the dent had been. If the dent is the size of a quarter or less then you shouldn't pay more than this unless it happens to be in a very inaccessable place.
Old 12-09-2001, 07:20 PM

Hey superdave,

I can't comment on any dent repair place. BUT..... Did I read your post correctly, did you drop your car off at an auto detail place? That is a leap of faith to me! Man I would worry more about a place like that screwing up my car than I do when I take her to a Honda mechanic. Do you get to pick what products they use to detail the car?

With my concerns noted: How did you like the job they did on your car? Assuming of course they aren't the ones that dented it
Old 12-10-2001, 09:36 AM

I've used 'Dent Magic' for the last 7 years... Very cheap and they do excellllllent work. I strongly recommend you ask the women who runs the shop (she's blonde, and about 45ish) that her son do the work. He looks about 26yrs old, but does one hell of a job.

They are located on Burnet near 183, just south of the U-Haul (on the right-hand side), there is a traffic light (I think there's a Taco Cabana near there too)... They are in the same shop as the 'Wheel' shop.. turn right at the light (off Burnet), and they are on the left hand side about 150feet down.

They typically charge #35-$45 a panel (regardless-- within reason) the number of dents. Tell 'em Aaron with the Black S2K sent ya!

-- Aaron
Old 12-10-2001, 10:47 PM

Thanks guys. I truly appreciate your advice. I'm setting up an appointment with Dent Busters ASAP. Just the fact that Jeff's outsources to them is instant validation. Jeff's fixed my Cherokee when it got backed into. Top notch work - but slow. Patience is a virtue, anger is a gift.

Hopefully, I'll have the son of the lady running the show fix the ding.

Thanks,
Dave
Old 12-10-2001, 11:09 PM

Did I read your post correctly, did you drop your car off at an auto detail place? That is a leap of faith to me! Man I would worry more about a place like that screwing up my car than I do when I take her to a Honda mechanic. Do you get to pick what products they use to detail the car?
Yeah I've been going to car washs ever since I got the car. I'm in the worst situation for keeping the car clean.
-I've got a black on black S2000
-I live at an apartment complex that doesn't let you wash the car on their property
-No garage
-There is construction on the main road entering the complex, so after one day there is a cloud of dirt on the car.
-And I'm lazy

It already has the infamous swirl marks.

Oh blah di, oh blah dah.

My friend has a silver 2000 S2000 and he has been taking his to a place on Wells Branch and his paint is still nice. I looked at his before I decided to use the car washes.

Funny - I told the guys not to put anthing on the dash, as I didn't want to ruin the matte finish, so they armoralled (sp?) the heck out of the doors and didn't touch the dash. The dash looks gray compared to the glossy look of the doors. They definitely don't blend together. There was also armoral bubbles on my tweeter (aftermarket) grills.

Short story long, the car washes in Austin suck. The ones in Houston are so much nicer - that's what I was used to.

I'm sorry if I have offended anyone by being lazy and submitting R-Honda to such inproper care.

Thanks,
Dave
Old 12-11-2001, 06:55 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by superdave
[B]