Texas - Central Texas S2000 Owners Central Texas S2000 Owners

This only happens to me!

Old 08-01-2002, 07:43 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have told EVERYONE how bad the drivers are here... now I have proof! I have refused to drive since I got here, and now I don't even like to RIDE.

We left Naples this morning, headed for Sorrento. Traffic was moving well, but like any other traffic in Naples, it was bumper to bumper and there were cars swerving all over the place (you'd have to see how bad they are here to believe it). Traffic comes to a mind boggling halt, as do we. The car behind us, however, did not!

It's hard enough to handle accident details when you CAN speak the same language, but it's an utter BITCH when you don't!

Thankfully, enough words sound alike between French, Spanish and Italian that I was able to understand a little, and Scot had a friend he could call to translate when we needed it. The other guy's car, a Rover, wouldn't start, but my friend's still worked, though the trunk won't latch anymore.

Hey Dr. Tim... wanna fly over here and fix us?
Old 08-01-2002, 12:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I must have missed something in the story... where was the deer?

The beemer doesn't look too bad... but unseen parts in beemers cost a lot...

Glad to see you are fine, though!
Old 08-01-2002, 08:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sure, just let me know what airline and when i need to show up for my ticket. Make sure they spell my name right when you call the airlines for my Eticket.

T I M O T H Y S T R A N A H A N

Other than that, I hope you are having a great trip. See ya when you get back. (I guess I'll wait to take care of you then, if I have too.
Old 08-01-2002, 08:08 PM

Wow! Again?

Glad to hear that you are okay. That goes for everyone.

Old 08-01-2002, 11:20 PM

Note to self: Do not enter vehicle when Sondra (the accident black-hole magnet) is near.

How do you do it Sondra!? Good lord, don't tell me you fly alot!

:-)

Aaron
Old 08-02-2002, 12:17 AM
Banned

Hey, be happy. I left the house to go to HEB tonight, and what do I see less than a block away in our neighborhood???

Yes, you guessed it. A deer. I wanted to go get Stefan's rifle, but I'm sure he was asleep.

Blake
Old 08-02-2002, 01:34 AM

You guys can say that it was me being in the car that caused this, but I have seen an accident coming since I got here! I will have to take some video of how the people drive here to bring home, because you just won't believe it unless you see it yourself. This is Scot's third accident in a year (thankfully all minor scrapes), and other people he works with have had even worse accidents and in just as frequent numbers, one being run into a guard rail while the other driver was looking at him and KNEW he was doing it!

Deer suck. Thankfully, I have seen none of them since I got here! Have you seen the fox that lives somewhere near us on Jollyville? He's a pretty thing...

I should have a little time today, so I will get some pics together of my trip so far to post on another thread.
Old 08-02-2002, 10:36 AM

Nice dress.
Old 08-02-2002, 10:39 AM

Originally posted by S2KDDS
Nice dress.
That wasnt me in the pic! That was the other driver's wife, who, btw, was a beautiful woman...
Old 08-02-2002, 12:28 PM

Well, Sondra, that explains why we thought she was you. Glad you're safe at least. Just don't get upset if I don't let you ride with me.

Quick Reply: This only happens to me!