Texas - Central Texas S2000 Owners Central Texas S2000 Owners

North Texas Autocross, Saturday September 14th!

Old 09-04-2002, 08:27 AM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default North Texas Autocross, Saturday September 14th!

Reply here: https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...&threadid=79532

What: NTS2KOC's fifth autocross.

When: Saturday, September 14th.

Where: Mineral Wells airport. (Click here <http://vista.pca.org//mav/Autocross/graphi...eralRingMap.gif> for a map.) It's about a 90 minute drive for me from the Addison area.

Registration: PM me for pre-registration form. Come as early as you like, registration at the track closes at 9:00am (the start of the driver's meeting) and first car on track is at 9:30am. We will have registration forms at the track. If you would like to walk to course to familiarize yourself with it, please do so before the driver's meeting. During previous events, setting up the course has taken quite a long time, despite some of us arriving as early as 7:00am. The above times are a best case scenario, although we haven't actually gotten started before 10:00am. Feel free to come out early and help us set up, but you might miss something if you arrive after 9:00.

Cost: $35 base price. $5 discount for club membership.

Lunch: There will be a break for lunch. Subway and McDonalds are nearby if you do not want to bring your own. I will be verifying whether Jo and Dave will be able to cater for us again.

Safety: Check your car, make sure it's in good condition. You'll need a helmet. Have fun but keep cool - we don't want to become personas non gratas at the site. Especially, we don't want any damage to your car or your self.

Format: Unless we get significantly more entrants then before, everybody will be broken up into two run-groups. When you're not driving, you'll be working one of grid, timing/scoring, or corners. You'll work once and run once before lunch, then repeat after. While running, you will do two hot laps, get back in line, and do two more - for a total of eight runs for the day.

Numbers: Each car will need a unique number, 8" high. You can request a number on a first-come, first served basis. If you attended previous events, we'd prefer you use your previous car number. Please plan to bring your own. They need to be high contrast magnetics or adhesive vinyls on the doors - it's important to know who's who when multiple Silverstones are in the same session. (Tape will work too, by the way.) Pro Tape <http://www.protapesigns.com/racinggraphics.html> is one of the places you can go for numbers. AATees can tell you about the graphics he got for his car - they look great.

Passengers: Our insurance gives us the option of allowing passengers during runs. I think that's a great deal of fun, so feel free to bring somebody who'd like a thrill ride, or jump in somebody faster's car for some instruction. (If they're feeling generous, of course!) Sorry, no minors.

Instructors: The instructor program worked out really well last time, I believe. The only issue was a financial one - unfortunately, we will no longer be able to offer free entry to instructors. But if you are willing to donate your services, please let us know. We'll likely have another batch of rookies who are willing to learn.

Non-S2000 cars: Other cars are always welcome. We've had many Miatas and Preludes show up, for example. I'm hoping this time we can convince some 350Z owners to come out. If you know of any, let them know!

Fun runs: Depending on the time and how everybody feels, we might have additional fun-runs after then end of the official sessions.

Cleanup: Please, be nice and stick around to help us clean up the site when the day is done. It makes thing go so much easier.

Disclaimer: Any of the above could change at any time without any notice.

If you have any other questions please feel free to e-mail Mark Lang (Track Events Director) at elistan@elistan.com
Old 09-12-2002, 06:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll be heading up to DFW Friday before the event. It's a bit too early Saturday morning to try a direct trip to Mineral Wells. I would encourage anyone that can make this event not to miss it. North Texas runs a large Auto-X much like a road course with lots of run time. The open expanse at Mineral Wells allows runs between 1.5 - 2 minutes each. Not your typical 40-50 second Auto-X sprint.