Texas - Central Texas S2000 Owners Central Texas S2000 Owners

National meet, where your money is going

Old 08-18-2003, 07:37 PM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Strike, merrigi, rickycrx, and airgate - I just wanted to know who was going to the national meet, not why you weren't. To be honest, I don't care if you stay home. Anyways, here's the Cost Breakdown for all of my S2000 driving friends. Love it or leave it, that's where your money is going. So we either need to grow up, drop the past, and have some fun with this -or- stay home with our thumbs up our butts. For most of us, this is a chance to meet a bunch of S2000 enthusiasts from all over that we wouldn't otherwise have the chance to do. Please don't hijack my thread again.

That said, please post if you are planning on being there...
Old 08-18-2003, 08:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll be there.
Old 08-18-2003, 08:38 PM
Community Organizer

Since you addressed me directly in this email....

All I have to say is thank you for answering my initial questions. Instead of being so 'secretive' about it, making it sound like a coverup scam, you should have just outlined it like this in the first place. Granted, I think some of your cost values are overinflated, but I wasn't asking you to justify those... I just wanted to know where you had things budgeted to go. Now I can get an idea of if it's worthwhile. I still want to say that t-shirts can be printed for $7-10/ea in Austin, and I think $35 is too much to spend for any dinner, but oh well....

I'll have to think about registering between now and the end of the month.

Ricky
Old 08-18-2003, 08:47 PM
Former Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Clovis,
How can I be hijacking a thread that ISN'T supposed to be here? Advertising for this event is expressly prohibited, despite your attempts to sanitize it. If you want to know who is going go post at the Atlanta website. As far as that cost breakdown goes, they've accounted for $95, and they've used some pretty creative accounting if you ask me. I doubt it'll cost $15/shirt, and I doubt it costs $9/person for an event "credential". Either way, it doesn't come close to the registration fee, if $200/person is accurate as was quoted in the previous thread. And let's be realistic about what this event is. It's a glorified local event with a few additional attendees from neighboring states, run by someone who doesn't even own the car. Sac2Kdays had over 100 attendees and it was a regional event that didn't require exorbitant registration fees in addition to a worthless annual membership. Calling this a national event is like saying Arnold is going to be president if he wins the election in California. Sorry if I sound bitter and mean, but I'm sick of this crap. There's a good reason that organization was asked not to be around this site anymore. If you can't respect that I don't feel bad "hijacking" illegitimate threads.
Old 08-19-2003, 06:31 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Strike
[B]Clovis,
Old 08-19-2003, 06:45 AM

I'll be there.
Old 08-19-2003, 07:11 AM

Nice to see the anti-S2KCA people have nothing better to do than troll around on local forums and start crap. Strike, why do you care so much about S2KDays? It's obvious you're not interested in going so why not just act like an adult and stop posting this crap? It's not doing anything productive other than making S2KI look bad and this type of behavior is exactly why I decided to stop being a paying member.
Old 08-19-2003, 07:40 AM

wickerbill - Although I whole heartedly agree with you. Let's just try to keep this a cool, non-political thread.

Thanks to wickerbill, stingerbtry, and maybe rickycrx. See you in Austin! Who else?
Old 08-19-2003, 08:18 AM
Former Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by wickerbill
[B]Nice to see the anti-S2KCA people have nothing better to do than troll around on local forums and start crap.
Old 08-19-2003, 08:25 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Strike
[B]

I care because I, like many other people, chose to pay $35 for a membership to S2KCA because it was required to attend an event that never happened.

Quick Reply: National meet, where your money is going