Texas - Central Texas S2000 Owners Central Texas S2000 Owners

My Rebuild Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 05:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Rebuild Thread

so 2 weeks ago, my cold air intake got soaked with rain water as i came home late one night. Motor died and electrical failed on site.

next day my buddy and i pull the spark plugs and crank the motor manually to expell any water in the engine. after 2 hours of work the car turns over but shakes and sounds like a HEMI. shaking ridiculously. 30sec into running the the motor smoke comes out of everywhere and a knocking sound begins.

we immediately cut the motor and put it back together.
next day i have it towed to the dealer where i bought the car from
*i bought the car used but added a massive extended warranty*

three days later the dealer only offers to pay 1500 for a job that is going to cost 8 grand

the cylinder head is cracked and and one rod is bent.

my insurance also refuses to pay claiming misuse and not water damage

I take car of my car. oil change every 3k miles or 3 months with mobil 1 10w30

i have been advised to file a lawsuit against the insurance and warranty for not fixing my car.

anyway.

heres the plan to get my car back out there.

take my ap2. install a used f20c longblock along with a new clutch/header/testpipe.

9k rpm and the upgraded suspension/transmission of the ap2 seem to be a great idea in my opinion.

and then. after the lawsuit.... depending on how much money my attorney can get me...

and that gentlemen... is turning a frown upside down. see ya at the meets soon
Old 09-08-2009, 06:57 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Do it, Do it
Old 09-08-2009, 07:00 PM

damn dude sorry to hear that. thats crazy but hopefully everything turns out well!
Old 09-08-2009, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by sabelotodo,Sep 8 2009, 08:57 PM
so 2 weeks ago, my cold air intake got soaked with rain water as i came home late one night. Motor died and electrical failed on site.

next day my buddy and i pull the spark plugs and crank the motor manually to expell any water in the engine. after 2 hours of work the car turns over but shakes and sounds like a HEMI. shaking ridiculously. 30sec into running the the motor smoke comes out of everywhere and a knocking sound begins.

we immediately cut the motor and put it back together.
next day i have it towed to the dealer where i bought the car from
*i bought the car used but added a massive extended warranty*

three days later the dealer only offers to pay 1500 for a job that is going to cost 8 grand

the cylinder head is cracked and and one rod is bent.

my insurance also refuses to pay claiming misuse and not water damage

I take car of my car. oil change every 3k miles or 3 months with mobil 1 10w30

i have been advised to file a lawsuit against the insurance and warranty for not fixing my car.

anyway.

heres the plan to get my car back out there.

take my ap2. install a used f20c longblock along with a new clutch/header/testpipe.

9k rpm and the upgraded suspension/transmission of the ap2 seem to be a great idea in my opinion.

and then. after the lawsuit.... depending on how much money my attorney can get me...

and that gentlemen... is turning a frown upside down. see ya at the meets soon
no offense, but using a CAI shouldn't entitle you to the benefits of a warranty, especially if use of said item is one of the contributing factors to the failure. I can't see your lawyer getting very far with this, but good luck.
Old 09-08-2009, 08:19 PM

What dealer did you bring it to?
Old 09-08-2009, 11:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck w/ your lawsuits! Sorry, but your problem sounds like self-induced negligence.

Warranty def. shouldn't cover it, insurance maybe/maybe not depending on the terms of your policy.
Old 09-09-2009, 05:20 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris S,Sep 9 2009, 02:30 AM
Sorry, but your problem sounds like self-induced negligence.

Warranty def. shouldn't cover it, insurance maybe/maybe not depending on the terms of your policy.
+1

Get a warm air intake, replace the engine and call it a day. You're not gaining much power or sound from going cold air so why bother? Your aftermarket part caused the malfunction in the engine so you'd be really lucky to get any money out of the case. Good luck to you.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:47 AM

this isn't covered under the Magnisun Moss Warranty Act. Trust me I know, went through it with mine and didn't get anywhere even though I had ground to stand on (pending lawsuit threw Honda America)
Old 09-09-2009, 01:54 PM

GL with the lawsuit. Warranty probably will not touch it. Insurance depends on your policy.

I'd hate to say it but sucking water through your CAI is considered negligence on your part.
I have a CAI on both of my cars

If your getting lawyers involved I don't think this thread will help your case...
Old 09-09-2009, 02:38 PM

i would never put a cold air intake on my car. thanks for the support... kinda

the car came with it from alamo toyota and THEY also sold me the warranty. i even mentioned the aftermarket parts that were on it when we bought the car.

neither warranty or insurance want to cover the problem and are trying to REQUIRE me to pay 7000 to have the motor replaced.

i am now scrambling to get a personal loan for 3000 and i am going to do it myself.

and yes i understand the detrimental effects of buying the car with the cold air. i already have a stock intake from my previous s2000 and am going to use it on this car before i get rid of it.

Quick Reply: My Rebuild Thread