Texas - Central Texas S2000 Owners Central Texas S2000 Owners

It's Spring - great driving events coming up!

Old 02-20-2002, 12:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by jwfisher

And #2 - the car is after all the reining SCCA Solo-2 national champion.
Sorry to disappoint but the S2000 finished 2nd at the 2001 Nationals for Solo II in AS:

http://www.scca.org/amateur/solo2/national...results/as.html

and 3rd for ASL (ladies):

http://www.scca.org/amateur/solo2/national...esults/asl.html

Love the car but it didn't win Nationals in 2001 ( it did make a pretty strong showing)

Brian
Old 03-03-2002, 08:47 PM

Sorry about the outdated info on the John Eagle Performance website. The JEH weekend is May 18-19 at TWS. 46 S2000's are registered right now.....42 last September showed so I think we will break the 50 mark this time.....No other model can come close. Lots of Honda's but no one close.
We will be showing the new Civic SI, a blue S2000 with the AEM engine management system (super chip) plug and play, and Honda is providing Andretti's Cart Car from last season. This will be a great show and track event....Hope to see you all there!
Tell your friends!
Mac
Old 03-04-2002, 02:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is there a better URL to put in the list at the top of this topic?

I'm trying to keep the list up-to-date...
Old 03-04-2002, 05:41 AM

I will have one for you in a day or two....Thanks
Old 03-05-2002, 08:25 PM

all good but where are these places and who migh go from the central tx club?
Old 03-06-2002, 04:38 AM

I've added some more descriptive information to the list at the top. I hope to keep the list up-to-date, if there is interest.

Most events are somewhere in the middle of the state, although some are at the far ends.

I know several people at going to Driver's Edge and John Eagle events, and several people from the list regularly go to the auto-x Solo II events. There are usually posts form them if they are going...
Old 03-06-2002, 06:07 AM

Looking at the schedule that jwfisher posted above, it looks like there is only one JEH event this year -- is this correct? I was thinking of skipping the May event (it's right next to my industry's trade show, E3) and going in Sept. (the one I attended last year), but if there's only one JEH event this year, I need to reconsider... *sigh* too bad the DE events are $260+ -- the JEH price of $200 is about my limit.
Old 03-06-2002, 06:18 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Audball
[B]Looking at the schedule that jwfisher posted above, it looks like there is only one JEH event this year -- is this correct?
Old 03-06-2002, 07:05 AM

As discussed here: https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...&threadid=46712 there are different orientations to open track/driver's education events. JEH and Driver's Edge are prime examples. I firmly believe the extra money for Driver's Edge is extremly worthwhile.

JEH wil be a fun event, but being Honda-oriented and S2000-focused has some serious drawbacks.

You will do *much* better with a "non-denominational" group like Driver's Edge, and much worse with a brand-oriented (and restricted) group like LSRPCA - who put a definite Porsche-elistist edge on their events and severely restrict non-P car drivers in several ways (no advancement, last-to-register, etc).
Old 03-06-2002, 07:18 AM

Originally posted by cdelena
but it is a small percentage when you consider total costs for a track weekend can be well over 600.
cdelena is absolutely right-on... this is serious stuff and any type of event on a high speed racetrack has a lot of hidden costs. There will be wear and tear on the car - particularly the tires. You'll need an oil change - and many people do them before and after. As you progress, you'll want to buy race tires, align the suspension, and start doing even more serious suspension (prime importance) and engine (lesser importance) mods.

Then there is the cost of safety gear - a top-notch helmet is critical. I use a special pair of race shoes and gloves. You'll eventually want a harness (although in convertibles that can be a controversial idea).

Quick Reply: It's Spring - great driving events coming up!