Texas - Central Texas S2000 Owners Central Texas S2000 Owners

Hill Country Weekend Drive Details: 10/12 - 10/13

Old 10-07-2002, 05:39 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by wickerbill
As of now I'm the only one staying in it so there is plenty of room left for some other people if you need a place to stay.
Still got a vacancy? After you, Chris, and Sondra introduced me to the modern miracle known as the VCR, I guess I can watch the Michigan game on Tape Delay...
Old 10-07-2002, 08:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm crashing with Wickerbill now to facilitate everyone stretching out a little in the other cabin, but as I understand it, there is still room in the cabin on the fold out...
Old 10-08-2002, 05:17 PM

Jimmy, you've got a bed if you want it.
Old 10-09-2002, 08:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Everyone who
Old 10-09-2002, 09:32 AM
Community Organizer

Anybody have a spare room/bed available, just in case I decide to stay overnight? Kinda a last-minute decision to do this event for me
Old 10-13-2002, 09:04 AM

Chris,

Thanks for organizing this event. My wife and I had a lot of fun yesterday, eventhough we couldn't join you guys for the whole trip. The scenery was great but it was a little blurry. It was tough to enjoy both the scenery and keep up with the caravan in the same time.

Sondra,

Thanks for leading the casual driving group. for your traffic, road condition report and constant entertaining comments. You get my vote for next driving trip. Hope my preference for casual driving didn't spoil too much of you fun yesterday.

Everyone,

Nice to see you guys again and also meet some of the new folks. See you at the next event.
Old 10-13-2002, 11:11 AM
Banned

Got back a little while ago in just around 2.5 hours. Good to see all the new faces, as well as the familiar ones...

Many kudos:
Chris S for the idea/route.
Sondra/Angel for the food run.
Sondra/Scott for leading the "casual" group.
Wickerbill for the hat/lodging reservations.

We must definitely do this again next year...

p.s. Collin, thanks for a couple subtle reminders that I could be going just a wee bit slower. =)
Old 10-13-2002, 02:14 PM
Community Organizer

Just wanted to let you guys know that we made it back to San Antonio okay yesterday evening.... Took about an hour an 15 minutes or so to get back home, even taking the (somewhat) major-ish highways. We had a blast on the drive.... Thankfully there were no casualties (other than Chris' front bumper - d'oh!! We had a front-row seat for the "flying stook" ) on the drive.

Including driving up to Austin in the morning, plus the drive, and coming back home, I clocked about 440 miles on my Trip B odometer... Not bad for a guy with a broken leg. Sorry I lost ya' on 337, Chris.... My brakes are still spongy -- gonna have to bleed them soon

Oh, and we must have hit about 1000 flying insects on the way home yesterday evening. I had to go put my canary in the bird bath when I got back...

Pics to come, soon.

Ricky
Old 10-13-2002, 03:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This drive was the motherlode... Giraffes, lemurs, kangaroos, antelopes, pygmy goats, ostriches, emus... we saw ALL of those, up close and in person (long story but I can't say I've ever fed a giraffe before!), as well as a little of our own Wild Kingdom (anything that spends that much time over 100 mph is wild in my book!).

This trip is a "must repeat"! I'm going to send a card to the owner of the exotic farm to say thanks for the tour and hope for a return invitation, so stay tuned!

A BIG to Chris for a stupendous weekend, and I totally enjoyed seeing all of the rest of you again and meeting the ones of you that I hadn't known before. It was great, and I hope that all of you will make plans to join us for the next weekend Hill Country romp!
Old 10-13-2002, 05:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks to everyone for coming out and helping to make this such a fun weekend! We had a great group, a good mix of old friends and friendly new faces. I enjoyed everyone's company, and all of you drove responsibly (well, except maybe for me proving that S2000's can fly )

The exotic game ranch tour was an added bonus...that was soooo cool!

No personal encounters w/ the law...it's amazing what you can get away w/ in the middle of nowhere!

I clocked 565 miles door to door. Gotta say, my Coastal Metals grills assembled a quite impressive collection of Texas' biggest bugs!

Also, please don't forget to send your pics to Stephan or Angel, since Angel is going to consolidate them all into a really cool Powerpoint presentation.

Quick Reply: Hill Country Weekend Drive Details: 10/12 - 10/13