Texas - Central Texas S2000 Owners Central Texas S2000 Owners

Help

Old 01-10-2011, 01:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help

Looking for parts for my ap1 took it to the mechanic and said it has blown piston rings anyone knows where to find them cheap and well im kinda getting tired of trying to fix it I might sell or trade
Old 01-10-2011, 01:26 PM
Community Organizer

"Blown piston rings..."

How did he come to this conclusion?? You drove your car there, right? Rings wear slowly, unless the engine was run without oil, at which point the cylinder walls would be scored and there would be a lot of other damage everywhere. What is the issue that you're having?
Old 01-10-2011, 03:12 PM

white smoke comes out
Old 01-10-2011, 07:19 PM
Community Organizer

Hmm... That sounds like a head gasket... Unless it's just because of the cooler weather we're having (exhaust condensation)...

Are you loosing coolant?
Old 01-10-2011, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by rickycrx,Jan 10 2011, 08:19 PM
That sounds like a head gasket... Unless it's just because of the cooler weather we're having (exhaust condensation)...
exactly what i was thinking.

excessive white smoke out of the exhuast, excluding when its just a cold start up, is a good indicator of a blown head gasket.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:26 AM

Blueish smoke usually means oil. How much oil are you having to add.
White smoke usually means moisture. How much coolant are you having to add.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:00 AM

Thanks.guys yeah might be head gasket fml ... What about when I start the car the engine maintenence blinks 10times ...
Old 01-13-2011, 11:04 AM

Just lookedit up oil change fail..
Old 01-26-2011, 01:12 PM

UPDATE- and maybe you guys can help..

Car is still overheating (this all started after I got my oil changed btw)..after I replaced my thermostat I was using fluid but after I burped the line it stopped sucking fluid but still overheating..My fans are both working and blowing hard, No obvious signs of a head gasket issue (no signs of oil in fluid and vice versa) Mike came over and we did a quick pressure test and took out my spark plugs and put the mirror over with no obvious signs. I took it to my buddy who works as a tech manager at Gunn. They hooked it up the the pressure sensors and said there was no pressure changes so it wasn't a blown gasket, then they thought it might be my water pump. when they took it off they said it looked pristine and had a slight squeak but otherwise turned fine. They put it back on and ran it and at this point they said they saw fluid coming out of my tailpipe that they said was antifreeze and now they say I have a blown head gasket, the end. I have a problem with that diagnosis given everything I have said. It might be unlikely but my tools are limited so I am somewhat forced to take them at their word. That being said, what do you guys think?

Also, does anyone know a mechanic/shop very near the medical center area that you TRUST that you could recommend?
Old 01-26-2011, 04:57 PM

If you have antifreeze in your exhaust you should be able to smell it. It would have a very sweet smell.

Quick Reply: Help