Texas - Central Texas S2000 Owners Central Texas S2000 Owners

Harris Hill Road Test & Tune/Dyno Day 2/20

Old 01-16-2010, 12:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Harris Hill Road Test & Tune/Dyno Day 2/20

To kick the Chrono-X Time Trial season off right, H2R will be hosting the first Dyno Day/Test & Tune for the 2010 series.

Get a preview of the cars, classing, and characters that will dominate the upcoming season.

Participants will get a session-based Test & Tune (Five 20-minute runs each, just like an HPDE)** to get their Time Trial cars dialed in and get seat time on track.

The first half of the day will be run in the traditional clockwise direction, and the last two runs of the day will be run in the CCW direction, as we'll be running both directions during the season.

Each vehicle running in the Prepared Class gets a baseline dyno pull* on-site to determine the power-to-weight sub-class for the Chrono-X. To read more about Chrono-X classing, please visit the website at www.chrono-x.com

Pre-season tech inspections will also be available throughout the day on a first-come, first-served basis.

For your entertainment, San Antonio Drift will be doing a drift exhibition during the mid day lunch break.

Lunch will be provided. (I heard a rumor that it will be catered by Bikini's Bar & Grill)

Registration is at

http://www.clubregistration.net

Organization->Race Track
Club->Harris Hill Road
Event->All

*Drivers will need to sign up for a dyno pull time slot. To reserve your slot, please contact Chrono-X at: info@chrono-x.com

For more info on the event or to inquire about vendor availability, please contact Steven at: steven@chrono-x.com

**PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS A NON-INSTRUCTED EVENT

NO NOVICE DRIVERS FOR THIS EVENT. IF YOU AREN'T SURE IF YOU ARE ELIGIBLE, PLEASE CONTACT US.

-----------------------------------------

Chrono-X Rules, Regulations, Classing and Pre-Registration links are up.

http://static.chrono-x.com/pdfs/classing-sheet.pdf
http://static.chrono-x.com/pdfs/registration-form.pdf
http://static.chrono-x.com/pdfs/rules-and-regs.pdf
Old 01-18-2010, 08:43 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Bleh, I can't run in showroom stock due to the header, testpipe, and my aftermarket wheels (off by half an inch on the rear ones).

I'll probably be out to watch and take video & pics but not to run. Still deciding between this and Sondra's event. Sasca Autocross is the day after this event too.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:13 AM

Chris, you're not in stock class for autocross, either! Seems like there are a fair # of folks who aren't happy b/c they have some mod that throws them into the next class, but I think it will turn out that many of us are in the same boat. Regardless, the 2/20 event is just a "warm-up", or practice, leading up to the actual competition rounds.

I'm just going for fun and to improve - having every laptime recorded and the competitive aspect ought to make me faster. I don't expect to win anything, and will have fun regardless of my results.

This one will provide more run time, the opportunity to run both directions/get a dyno run/watch some drifting. OTOH, Sondra's event provides instruction if you need or want it - this one doesn't.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:53 AM

Do we have to tech tech inspected for this event like we did for the other ones?
Old 01-19-2010, 11:16 AM

I believe they're doing season tech inspection at the event.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:46 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They are doing tech inspection at that event, and Eric has stated that they suggest that inspections should be done at least every 2 events. I'm going to follow that lead and grandfather anyone who hasn't done an event between my last one and the upcoming one, and anyone who does their inspection at this event would also be fine for mine on the 27th.

On the note of eligible participants, he has his qualifications on his website, but as it pertains to my events as a qualifier, he is requiring that students have been at least a yellow student in their most recent school.

Hope that helps!
Old 01-19-2010, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Chris S,Jan 18 2010, 01:13 PM
Chris, you're not in stock class for autocross, either! Seems like there are a fair # of folks who aren't happy b/c they have some mod that throws them into the next class, but I think it will turn out that many of us are in the same boat. Regardless, the 2/20 event is just a "warm-up", or practice, leading up to the actual competition rounds.

I'm just going for fun and to improve - having every laptime recorded and the competitive aspect ought to make me faster. I don't expect to win anything, and will have fun regardless of my results.

This one will provide more run time, the opportunity to run both directions/get a dyno run/watch some drifting. OTOH, Sondra's event provides instruction if you need or want it - this one doesn't.
Yeah, I know just felt like complaining because I don't have any suspension upgrades to complement my basic bolt ons.
Old 01-19-2010, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Sondra S2K,Jan 19 2010, 02:46 PM
On the note of eligible participants, he has his qualifications on his website, but as it pertains to my events as a qualifier, he is requiring that students have been at least a yellow student in their most recent school.
LOL! Don't blame Eric, as he told me you’re the only DE promoter who advised against allowing blue solo students to attend. Blue solo students from all other statewide DE organizers, including H2R’s own DE's, are eligible.
Old 01-19-2010, 12:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=Chris S,Jan 19 2010, 03:30 PM] LOL!
Old 01-19-2010, 12:51 PM

I'm not disagreeing w/ your different grouping/promotion standards (nor am I trying to interject my own judgment), just pointing out that it's you making the exception, not Eric as you claimed.

Everyone else would have been kept out had you not posted in a thread about an event that you have no interest in participating in.

Quick Reply: Harris Hill Road Test & Tune/Dyno Day 2/20