Texas - Central Texas S2000 Owners Central Texas S2000 Owners

Coming to San Antonio

Old 05-16-2002, 01:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coming to San Antonio

I was just given a job offer in Downtown San Antonio and I think I'm going to take it.

I have a few questions:

I'm single and quite the barfly. Where is the cool place to live? I'm looking for an apartment with an attached garage. A friend said North San Antonio is good. Outside Loop 410 and around I-10 and Huebner. Where USAA is located. That good?

What's the best dealership in the area? I need to have my front bumper painted and have the TSB done for the clutch. Should I do it now or when I get down there?

Thanks for any assistance
Old 05-24-2002, 12:13 AM

Hi Zoinks,

I-10/Huebner/Dezavala/Medical Center and USAA area is definitely preferred area to live. There has been a lot more "luxury" apartments around. Huebner Oaks area has Flying Saucer (haven't been there but heard and seen the crowd) and Fox and Hound (heard good place to play pool.)

I get my S2K serviced at Gunn-Honda (service is ok) and get my oil changes from Gunn-Acura (better service.)

Let me know when you are moving down here--the S2K owners around here are not into get togethers but if you are--we can have a GTG.

Good luck on the move and hope to meet or wave at you.

Ciao,
MAY

P.S. Happy Birthday!
Old 05-30-2002, 01:10 AM

Hi May,
Saw the post and thought I'd chime in...I just moved to the northern part of San Antonio from Baltimore. Not a very close knit S2000 fan base in this area?? Any group drives or anything of that nature? Anyway, maybe I'll see ya on the road...silver with personalized "S2000" Maryland plates in case you see me
Old 06-03-2002, 12:21 PM

Hi Zeebra,

Welcome to S.A. Unfortunately, there is not a close knit S2k fan "club" here. But if you wanna start one up--let me know I tried a couple of times but no bites. I was meeting up with the Austin and Houston crowd but it's too far and putting too many miles on my car. I'll look around for you-- I'm in a '00 White/Red--almost always with top down. See you around

MAY
Old 06-03-2002, 12:37 PM

May, I don't know if you remeber me, but i was the one who lost the deal at Tom Benson (sebring/black). Remember? well anyway, I went up to austin to get my car in late April. I'm ready to roll if you guys/gals would like to get together. let me know. later.

Oh yeah, I just got my chrome/black emblem kit today from Gunn. it's sweet, although the front one was a major bi**h to get off! Anyway, just in case you see a sebring with black badges, its me. later.
Old 06-05-2002, 01:37 AM

I could definitely get into a meeting of the available S.A. owners on maybe a Sunday afternoon at a local eatery/watering hole. I work sort of a crazy schedule so Sunday's are the best time for me. We can swap stories, compare notes, and just have a good time
Old 06-05-2002, 02:03 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Salo2000
[B]May,
Old 06-05-2002, 02:24 AM

Agreed...getting up before 12:00 on any day is out of the question for me anyway (I work 5pm-3am M-F, 10am-4pm Sat). So, let me know a good weekend and I'm there...she's shined and waiting patiently in the garage to go out to play.
Old 06-05-2002, 04:53 AM

Well, it looks like I'm going to stay in Big D. My current company countered the offer I was given.

What can I say, I can be bought

Thanks for the assistance
Old 06-05-2002, 05:44 AM

Originally posted by Zoinks
Well, it looks like I'm going to stay in Big D. My current company countered the offer I was given.

What can I say, I can be bought

Thanks for the assistance
No prob-Zoinks. Keep in touch.

Quick Reply: Coming to San Antonio