Texas - Central Texas S2000 Owners Central Texas S2000 Owners

Austin S2ki F1 Weekend GTG

Old 11-14-2012, 02:14 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Four guys flying in from Dallas, LA, and Kansas City here. All S2K or previous S2k owners. I won some pretty sweet tickets on turn 1 and also a meet and greet with one of the Formula One drivers. When I get a chance I'll read through the thread.

I just want to see if anyone here is a frequent traveler and apart of the Star Wood rewards program. They are putting on a party at a hotel with free drinks and food with a Question and Answer session with one of the top drivers. PM me if you have status with this hotel chain. They seem to be inviting anyone staying at a particular hotel to this event.

Looking forward to meeting some of you guys!
Old 11-14-2012, 04:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is there to do in Austin tonight?
Old 11-14-2012, 05:18 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, I just registered for BUXTON'S BIG TIME BASH />
Old 11-14-2012, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by AstroPhsx
Four guys flying in from Dallas, LA, and Kansas City here. All S2K or previous S2k owners. I won some pretty sweet tickets on turn 1 and also a meet and greet with one of the Formula One drivers. When I get a chance I'll read through the thread.

I just want to see if anyone here is a frequent traveler and apart of the Star Wood rewards program. They are putting on a party at a hotel with free drinks and food with a Question and Answer session with one of the top drivers. PM me if you have status with this hotel chain. They seem to be inviting anyone staying at a particular hotel to this event.

Looking forward to meeting some of you guys!
I have some points with Starwood (a whopping 2500), but Hilton likes me a lot more. Is this going on at the W? seems like the most likely spot.

Originally Posted by super_mut
What is there to do in Austin tonight?
Good question, I walked around downtown during the day, but it is time to get back out there. I was actually surprised at the number of bars in down town, seriously on any given block there will be five or six, many of them with live bands.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:51 PM

I'm staying at the Hampton near the University off of lavaca st. I was in the 6th street area earlier but the old man got tired haha. I'll see you fellas at buxtons bash. Anyone game to go out tomorrow?
Old 11-15-2012, 06:57 AM

There's an iPhone app for Circuit of the Americas featuring maps, schedules, entertainment and race information.

COTA iPhone App
Old 11-15-2012, 11:34 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone interested in a ticket for turn 1 high level? Might sell one.
e-mail Astrophsx @ gmail.com
Old 11-21-2012, 06:02 AM

I've attended most of the F1 races at Indy and even traveled to China for the Shanghai GP but the Austin event was at a whole new level. I cannot believe this track is in my own backyard. The media hype about the event for the most part was not overblown. Unfortunately the predictions of massive traffic gridlock scared away many of the locals so the downtown party probably wasn't quite as mega, but a great time nonetheless. I hope to fully recover from the 4-day circus which kicked off with a film debut of "1" on Thursday night. I ended up seated in the VIP section with Tavo Helmund, Eddie Jordan, Bernie Ecclestone and Christian Horner. Sir Jackie Stewart and Emerson Fittipaldi were also seated nearby. Friday started early at the track and ended very late at Will Buxton's Bash. Will was very entertaining and friendly. At one point we were talking during the band's break and he shouted "Magners!" and grabbed the drink from my wife's hands and downed it. This was followed by much dancing. Saturday morning came way too early again as we were at the Bash and Fan Fest until 2am. Our Turn 12 section had several S2000 owners in attendance from Austin and all over the country. We also hiked over the bridge to watch some action from Turn 1. Race day passing action took place for the most part right in front of our seats. Over the holiday I hope to sort out several hundred up-close images I snapped during the weekend. Looking forward to next year's racing events and with a better idea of Austin's preparedness we should be able to organize a larger GTG.