Texas - Central Texas S2000 Owners Central Texas S2000 Owners

Anyone know this 2006 NFR S2000?

Old 03-20-2011, 10:59 AM

Received 84 Likes on 63 Posts
Default Anyone know this 2006 NFR S2000?

Anyone recognize this car?

More pics here:
https://picasaweb.google.com/john.e....eat=directlink

The car fax shows it was leased on 9/2006 from David McDavid Honda of Frisco. It looks like it was traded back in to David McDavid Honda of Frisco in Aug 2009 and then sold at Auction on 5/2010 in Austin Texas (dealer? individual?). Shortly after that the car was stolen and 10 or so days later recovered.

I bought the car from a rebuilder and am interested to know more about the condition of the car when it was recovered. It looks like the left suspension was damaged/missing, along with the steering rack and radiator.

This is cross-posted to the NorthTx group.

>>Additional identifying mark: The car had a dealer installed satellite radio (trunk has antenna bump on it)
Old 03-20-2011, 09:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

was that the car that the Subaru guy wreak at AutoX?
Old 03-21-2011, 07:11 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mr 280z again
Was that the car that the Subaru guy [wrecked] at AutoX?
Yep, I'm pretty sure that's the one but can't confirm since neither had plates.

By the way John, you can still insert images...

Old 03-21-2011, 07:34 AM
Community Organizer

If that is the same car that went airborne over the curb, you REALLY don't want to buy/rebuild it. It is junk. The underside of the car was bent up quite a bit (not just replaceable subframes, but also the unibody itself), as I personally looked it over closely as it was being loaded onto the wrecker. Chris is right, the damage to that car looks strikingly similar to that car, and unfortunately if it says stolen, that is sadly not what happened (I would hate to think insurance fraud was committed on this by somebody we race with).

I'd be willing to bet that car will never align well or handle 'optimally' again. If you bought it, I hope it was cheap enough -- in the end, you can always pull the drivetrain out and build a LoCost Lotus 7 replica :-)
Old 03-21-2011, 07:42 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rickycrx
If that is the same car that went airborne over the curb, you REALLY don't want to buy/rebuild it. It is junk. The underside of the car was bent up quite a bit (not just replaceable subframes, but also the unibody itself), as I personally looked it over closely as it was being loaded onto the wrecker. Chris is right, the damage to that car looks strikingly similar to that car, and unfortunately if it says stolen, that is sadly not what happened (I would hate to think insurance fraud was committed on this by somebody we race with).

I'd be willing to bet that car will never align well or handle 'optimally' again. If you bought it, I hope it was cheap enough -- in the end, you can always pull the drivetrain out and build a LoCost Lotus 7 replica :-)
^ +1
Old 03-21-2011, 10:38 AM

I have the car and it drives and runs great. I have about 5000 miles on it since the rebuild and I really couldn't be happier. I was looking for a salvage car to rebuild and race (this is my second S), while keeping my '03 as a daily driver. The car is >so< nice that I am selling the '03.

The floorpan of this car is somewhat beat up, but there does'nt seem to be any frame damage. if there was, it has been corrected. The car was purchased from a rebuilder in California. I have three autocrosses on the car and three first places.

So when did this Subarooo incident occur, tell me more!
Old 03-21-2011, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by RavynX
By the way John, you can still insert images...
Sure couldn't last night, glad it's working now!
Old 03-22-2011, 03:47 PM

Let me add that I have nothing official saying the car was stolen. I bought the car off eBay (already repaired) and those were claims made by the seller that seem to be supported by the 'before' photographs. I am sure the guy driving the car has the real scoop.

This has been a big help in helping me unwind a couple of curious points about car, and i appreciate all the info! If you're ever in Huntsville Alabama, look me up.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by jeallen
So when did this Subarooo incident occur, tell me more!
The owner of the NFR had come from a Subaru and AutoX's regularly. He buys the S2000 and decides to drive it like an AWD drive vehicle at this event (still had paper plates). If my memory serves me correctly he was coming out of a left hander onto a slalom or straight and full throttles out of it. Not sure on the details after that all I saw was an NFR head towards and very high curb, catch air, and land on the steep hill behind it.. Upon closer inspection of the tire marks on the track he didn't hit the brakes until he was less than 10ft from the curb, which was to late. I was at starting grid so I just this red car out the corner of my eye go straight in the air.

If that's the same car, I would love to know what body shop realigned the body.