Texas - Central Texas S2000 Owners Central Texas S2000 Owners

100 Mile Loop Group Ride

Old 10-27-2003, 05:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let me know the number of people planning to show up and I'll have some donuts for everyone at the office before takeoff.

Renae, I did not see a pie stop on the way to Lost Maples or on the way back. What gives?

What time do you think we will arrive at the park?

Henry
Old 10-28-2003, 04:07 AM

Thanks Henry
There are possibly going to be 17 people ( that includes drivers and passengers) If everyone shows up we will have 9 S2000s and maybe a few (2-3) other cars that you and Ricky have invited.
Thanks for offering your office and NOW donuts!!
As far as the pie I don't know if it is where we are going to eat or a stop after, but I know for a fact that the stop is in there somewhere. Ricky's the man with the drive details, he has accepted the challenge ( thank goodnes) of planning and mapping out the ride. I am sure Ricky will chime in as to when we will arrive at the park.

Renae
Old 10-28-2003, 05:31 AM
Community Organizer

If we planned a Texas-wide event, I'd be willing to do a huge amount of the planning and legwork for it!

Oh, and the lunch stop IS where the pie is!! :-)

Lost Maples Cafe is the location for lunch and pie...

I've planned some medium-scale events before (15-20 cars) and have had great success. Usually if I take 3-6 months to plan an event, I can get good sponsorship so there's a good number of small prizes to give away. I have never charged an 'entry fee' to come to the events that I've put together, but have always ended up where everybody goes home with *something* to remind them of the event.

I'll bring my digital camera out there.

It should take no more than 1.5 hours to get to Lost Maples Park from Henry's office. That's assuming we hit slower traffic and get slowed down going through Bandera.

My suggestion is to please try to show up at Henry's office with a full tank of gas. Stop at the HEB diagonally across the street or the Exxon on the other side of 1604 and top up. The key to enjoying Lost Maples park is to get out there before the crowds from San Antonio get there, especially this time of year. That's why I'd like to have us all be on the road as close to 9:30 as possible to head up there... Even at that, we'll be rolling in there around 11am, which is bordering on as late as you want to arrive there. If we get there at 11 and spend an hour or so there, we should be sitting down ready to order lunch by around 12:30.

To get from the lunch spot back to the 1604 & Bandera Rd intersection should be right about an hour and fifteen minutes, in case anybody needs to get home early in the day (this should put those folks home before 3pm, including eating lunch). Otherwise, there is a nice loop that we will be going on that will take you on some of the most fun roads I know of that can get most of us back home around 6pm. Once we actually get out there, we can all decide based on how the timeline is going as to what we want to do. It's up in the air and all subject to change at this point.
Old 10-28-2003, 06:04 AM

Personally I would like to get back to SA around 3 pm. If it's much later, my wife will kick my numb backside.

Ricky, let's definitely talk about an all Texas gtg in the spring.
Old 10-28-2003, 06:06 AM

You guys may want to stop by the Starbucks to grab a coffee to go with the donuts. There's one in the Target and one across the street.
Old 10-28-2003, 07:09 AM
Community Organizer

We should be able to do that without any trouble. There is one road we absolutely have to go on though if we're already out that far.

I can shorten the route significantly, based on people's timelines.

Henry, when are you going to get your wife to actually come out with us on one of these runs??
Old 10-28-2003, 03:25 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by rickycrx
We should be able to do that without any trouble.
Old 10-29-2003, 06:48 AM
Community Organizer

We'll let you drive around the top up (maybe), if she can stand going on one of our drives. Or does she just not have patience to sit in a car that long?
Old 10-29-2003, 03:55 PM

I think she just gets bored being with me for an extended period of time.

Anyway, things look like they are shaping up nicely. I hope the Gunn dealership activity works out for us.

Not to beat the pie subject to death, but is it really homemade and what will our selection be. Any ice cream or whipped cream to go with it?
Old 10-29-2003, 04:18 PM

Henry,

You are so concerned with the pie. I am sure you will like it. I have heard Lost Maples Cafe is really good. If not I will bake you one , maybe you will like mine, we will see.

To be fair, Henry's wife joined us during S2KDays and even rode the whole way home with the top down. I think she had her fill of cars for about the next year. The weather seems to be shaping up great. I will bring orange juice for everyone to go with the donuts. See you all soon.

Renae

Quick Reply: 100 Mile Loop Group Ride