Texas - Central Texas S2000 Owners Central Texas S2000 Owners

100 Mile Loop Group Ride

Old 10-24-2003, 08:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do appreciate the driving conditions heads up, especially because I can't drive it before Sat.
I had a good time at S2KDays and have told others that. The comments that were posted were no different than the comments made on the other board in the improvements thread. Just to let you know that I pmed Greg and Sondra and thanked them. I also asked to be more of a part of the organization of the next one. I know these things are extremely hard to organize and plan. And the fact that we have such few small complaints is a testimony to the fact that it was well thought out. The Austin group did a great job leading the rides. I hope that in the future the Austin and SA group can have more GTGs. Drive safe and have fun over the Halloween weekend.

Renae
Old 10-26-2003, 01:14 AM

Hey....dont knock it. I won a license plate thing and a keychain for the SA Group. BTW i'm down for the drive. Just give me a heads up. Oh, Joy, thanks for letting me know about the tape over the A-Pillar. The silver looks bad-ass compared to the electrical tape that was on there.

Sebring Steve
Old 10-26-2003, 06:41 PM

Renae, looks like this is shaping up to be a nice group. I am looking forward to the drive. Thanks for putting it together.

Steve you better watch those comments about the "National Event", some folks are apparently kind of sensitive. And don't forget that I won that XXL t-shirt and was robbed of the other prize.

Seriously though, I want to thank all of the people who put the S2KDays event together, especially the voluteers. It's just too bad that many did not attend because of the cost. If the price were lowered by allowing the rubber chicken (anyone that had the chicken knows what I am talking about) dinner to be optional, maybe more folks would have come.

Sad that the National Event could only draw 40 owners when the Krispy Kreme gtg had almost as many cars show up.

I suggest that we have an annual Texas gtg that does not interfere with S2KDays, maybe in the spring. It could be held in a different city each year, starting in San Antonio of course. I would be happy to help organize the event with the possiblity of an auto-x, scavenger hunt, poker run, hill country drive, etc... People would be allowed to pick and pay for only those events that interest them. An effort would be made to create activities that would encourage more socializing.

If you guys are interested let me know. If not I'll just shut up and wait to see where S2Kdays will be next year.
Old 10-26-2003, 06:44 PM

Sebring Steve!!!
It is so good to hear from you. If you need directions check out Ricky's good directions in the posts above or give me a call 210-422-0618. I can't wait to see your car with windshield tape off. See you Saturday.

Renae
Old 10-26-2003, 06:51 PM

S2KDDS,
I guess we were writing at the same time. I think that a GTG of all the S2000 in the state would rock. Most of the cars at S2KDays were from Texas. So it might not be hard to get a good turnout. I also made some cards for us to give to other S2000 other I will bring one to see if everyone likes them or even wants to use them. I will see everyone on Sat. Drive safe and try to stay warm.

Renae
Old 10-27-2003, 04:30 AM

Weather forcast looks good.
Old 10-27-2003, 02:41 PM

Rick Hesel holds the Fall Colors Event and it is an awesome turnout (103 S2ks in 2002) dunno what the turn out was yet for this year. But maybe someone can contact him and get some pointers. They have clinics (how-to's), autocrossing, dinner with award ceremony, and a spectacular drive on the last day. Holding in different cities is a great idea. I'm sure we can get sponsors or something. Here is the link to the FC'04 event:

http://forums.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.p...threadid=155241

ciao ciao
may
Old 10-27-2003, 03:42 PM
Community Organizer

That looks like it was about the '03 event....

Is there a link for the '04 event for next year?

I would love to make a road trip out there for next year, but I don't know if I'd have any vacation time left after taking 2-3 weeks off in July for my wedding.
Old 10-27-2003, 04:51 PM

That's a well planned event.

Ricky, if we planned a Texas gtg would you be willing to coordinate an auto-x? We'll talk more on Saturday.
Old 10-27-2003, 05:17 PM

I think this weekend's ride is going to be great. A good group of people have committed to make the ride. The weather is looking good. And the Lost Maples web site says that the leaves are just starting to change.

I just want to give everyone a last overview:
Meet at Henry's office at 9:00am this Saturday (Nov. 1)
Get gas( or Starbucks for us that are NOT morning people) for anyone that needs it and leave by 9:30
Drive toward Lost Maples
Walk around or take pictures
Have lunch; after lunch we will probably decide as a group how much further we want to drive. Anyone who wants to head back can use the maps that Ricky printed out to guide them back to SA. Then drive the loop and head back home.

I also wanted to ask that anyone that has a digital camera to please bring it so that we can take a pic to maybe post on the site for those that unfortunately couldn't make it. I would bring mine but my dog sat on it and I have not been able to get it to work since.

I am so excited ( can you tell???) See all of you on Saturday!!

Renae

Quick Reply: 100 Mile Loop Group Ride