Texas - Central Texas S2000 Owners Central Texas S2000 Owners

100 Mile Loop Group Ride

Old 10-20-2003, 02:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, I was wondering if that was on purpose or not. Nice touch though.
S2KDDS tell you friends that they are more than welcome, it is going to be a fun drive.

Renae
Old 10-21-2003, 09:00 AM

I told them that since they are not owners they would have to join S2KSA and pay $35.00 for membership, $150.00 for 2 rubber chicken dinners, $25.00 for a t-shirt and $70.00 if their spouse wants to come along.
Old 10-21-2003, 09:38 AM

Don't forget that they will be cheated out of any chance of winning anything or have the great experience of everyone trying to stare at their crouch to read their names.

Renae
Old 10-23-2003, 11:29 AM
Community Organizer

hahahaha....

Sounds like S2kdays what a rip...

I'm glad I didn't blow the money on it.

This will be free, except for the cost of the rubber, gas, and food you and your car will consume on the drive.

Oh, and Henry.... I'm waiting for a test-drive in an '04 before I make my decision. I'm already planning to put in an order towards the end of the '04 model year for a Rio Yellow.
Old 10-24-2003, 02:01 PM

Originally posted by S2KDDS
I told them that since they are not owners they would have to join S2KSA and pay $35.00 for membership, $150.00 for 2 rubber chicken dinners, $25.00 for a t-shirt and $70.00 if their spouse wants to come along.
I enjoyed the event, especially the comraderie of fellow owners and a wonderful drive to the Leakey Loop. I can't help but feel a bit dissapointed and put down when I read stuff like this. I worked very hard to both participate and contribute as a volunteer drive leader for S2KDays. I wouldn't be sharing the heads-up about the road conditions and other information about this trip had it not been for my recent experience at S2KDays. You can crack jokes like this all you want of course but you are likely to make some hard feelings with several local owners that cared enough to make S2KDays an enjoyable experience. It's this kind of division that will keep our numbers small and diminishing. It isn't about S2Ki or S2KCA, this is about our neighborhood. It's no wonder this regional forum grows quieter everyday. Sometimes I wonder why I try to help anymore.

Be safe on your drive.

Stefan
Old 10-24-2003, 03:10 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by svann
Old 10-24-2003, 03:42 PM

Just to let everyone know that Ricky ( thanks Ricky) has agreed to print out some maps, so that if you want to leave the group early to head back you can easily find your way back.

Renae
Old 10-24-2003, 03:48 PM
Community Organizer

You were a VOLUNTEER, not an ORGANIZER of the S2kdays event.

You have no reason to feel like those comments were directed towards you.

It's funny that people that went to S2kdays felt cheated... I'm glad I didn't spend the money on it. If you guys want to be 'divided' and feel separate for something so superficial as people's opinions of an event, then that's no loss is it? We will be careful and enjoy our free event next weekend, and thank you for the heads-up on potential road conditions. I appreciate it, and I'm sure everybody else does as well.
Old 10-24-2003, 07:04 PM

Where are we going to be meeting at in the morning? please post directions so i can meet the group on time. I can't wait for the ride, hope the weather stays like these last couple of days.

Who's going so far?

Jason
Old 10-24-2003, 07:39 PM
Community Organizer

We will be meeting at Henry's office, just inside 1604 on Bandera Road. When you head South on Bandera, there is a Frost Bank at the first light... You will go just past the Frost Bank and turn right into the first driveway after that. His office is Bandera Dental Care and the exact address is 11309 Bandera Road, Suite 101. It faces Bandera Road and is "around the corner" from the front of the Target store that's there.

If you have any problems finding it, you can call me on my cell phone for more detailed directions (I'll send you a PM with the number).

As for who's going, I think we have about 6-7 cars so far. I don't know who exactly will be coming, but that's the approximate count I've gathered, based on who Renae has talked to and who I have talked to.

Quick Reply: 100 Mile Loop Group Ride