Texas - Central Texas S2000 Owners Central Texas S2000 Owners

[SA]Meet this thursday

Old 10-20-2006, 11:28 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I never said texasracers people dont have nice cars...not sure where you got that? I also never said that their moms and dads bought their cars? All im saying is that Texas Racers is too big of an organization for its own good. When i say ravage, i mean that there are simply to many of them. From experiance most of the people i talked to at beni's are from texasracers. They did have nice cars, however im implying that we find a spot for s2000's that excludes giant groups like texasracers.

Although im confused as to why minivans....suv's and trucks are on the site. And do i really need to count the civics? There are ALOT of nice cars, but i have also stumbled across some garbage. I honestly think the group is to broad for its own good.
Old 10-20-2006, 11:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well i think you are right for saying there needs to be an s2k meet only.....

I took in a way of you singling out that site.
The site like I said if the car enthusiast. It is not tailored for one specific type of car. It is broad for a reason to get every together as one and enjoy differents prospectives on their own car.

but there are lots of kids who think they are GOD just because they drive an s2k..and that really gets to me. It is those same kids that rev their cars or trying to race everyone on the highway talking shit. That is why personally I dont go out to meets to often bc I am too cautious about my car.
Old 10-20-2006, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by davidvonyork,Oct 20 2006, 11:28 AM
Although im confused as to why minivans....suv's and trucks are on the site.
Well, seeing that i'm one of the truck owners from TXR, i thought i should respond.

so i shouldn't be on the site...why? cuz i don't own a "race car?" is that your reasoning? i tell you what...my FARM TRUCK can hold it's own.

pulls a nice little 14.2@98...smoking thru the 330...and will be deep in the 13s in a week's time. N/A. i plug in the bottle i got sitting in DFW and i'd be hitting mid 12s EASY. i, personally, think that's fairly respectable and i have PLENTY right to be a part of TXR. do you disagree?

this is it:

Old 10-20-2006, 12:10 PM

Look, before this gets out of hand. No one has a problem with Texasracers.

The only problem was that people were not being aware of what they were doing.

We have been meeting at Bennigans for over 2.5 years and have never had a problem.. Once Texasracers and other enthusiasts starting meeting there after 8 or 9 whenever it was the meets became popular and less "ricey". The only problem was that they were way to big to fit in the parking lot. Instead of finding another spot that could accomodate the size of the group they just overfilled the parking lot taking up business parking.

This inturn has caused no one to meet at that spot. Everyone just needs to be more considerate for everyone both enthusiasts and non-enthusiasts. I mean there are still businesses there.
Old 10-20-2006, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by TXRDemoN,Oct 20 2006, 02:58 PM
Well, seeing that i'm one of the truck owners from TXR, i thought i should respond.

so i shouldn't be on the site...why? cuz i don't own a "race car?" is that your reasoning? i tell you what...my FARM TRUCK can hold it's own.

pulls a nice little 14.2@98...smoking thru the 330...and will be deep in the 13s in a week's time. N/A. i plug in the bottle i got sitting in DFW and i'd be hitting mid 12s EASY. i, personally, think that's fairly respectable and i have PLENTY right to be a part of TXR. do you disagree?

this is it:

BTW, that is a nice truck. Very Clean good job!!!
Old 10-20-2006, 12:33 PM
Banned

Im not hating on your truck, i think its bitchin. Im refering to the people that show up at beni's with rims, or a loud system and thats it.

s
Old 10-20-2006, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by davidvonyork,Oct 20 2006, 12:33 PM
Im not hating on your truck, i think its bitchin. Im refering to the people that show up at beni's with rims, or a loud system and thats it.
well apparently i need to work on my reading comprehension skills...cuz i don't see how i could possibly assume that this:

"Although im confused as to why minivans....suv's and trucks are on the site."

could mean that you think trucks dont BELONG on the site. learn some respect bud.
Old 10-20-2006, 01:15 PM
Banned

Pointless Arguing

Just do us a favor and dont join a site just to fuel a fight that isnt your fight. I dont do it to texas racers, dont do it to us.
Old 10-20-2006, 01:20 PM
Banned

Txrdemon i assume its acceptable for me to join up on texasracers and but my head into a issue that is between a certain group? Are you sure i should learn respect? Congrats on being the 1% of the truck population that is badass. Ill be sure to make exceptions when i post just for you.
Old 10-20-2006, 01:42 PM

Having owned a niche line vehicle much like the S2K I can understand where you're coming from with wanting an "exclusive" meet.

A lot of people who own cars like this ( I had a Mazdaspeed Miata ) think other cars just add clutter. You're entitled to that opinion for sure.

In my opinion, it's a bit pompous to get bitchy about wanting a spot just for your little old selves, but I won't argue with it. But I would be highly surprised if the admins of this site wouldn't be pleased as punch if this site grew larger and larger and more and more S2000's weren't showing up to meets.

That said David, you have every right to take your car out into a large field with however many of your closest S2000 buddies as you deem properly sized so you can park and do whatever it is you want to do amongst yourselves, but until that happens on grounds that are restricted to the general public, you might as well expect a little bit of brand diversity once and a while. Car meets are social events. We meet, check out other cars, who knows, maybe learn a thing or two?

No one wants the ricer bull, but there will always be those idiots, no matter where you go.

But to say they come from one site, well, that's just rediculous.

Quick Reply: [SA]Meet this thursday