Tennessee S2000 Owners Tennessee - The Volunteer State.

WTD7

Old 04-26-2009, 12:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got a link to that thread? This is the first I've heard of it.

When we went to the FL Supermeet in February there were several folks who didn't register but stopped by to chat and carouse. They didn't expect or receive any of the goodies from registering but were accepted nonetheless.

I thought that was how a community worked.
Old 04-26-2009, 04:47 PM

Hey hobbs, wasnt sure if it was anyone from on here when i went past you. I couldnt get out there to the walmart in time so just figured i would ride up later that morning. Glad to see ya on the way back though.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:34 PM

I can't seem to find the post I was referring to (though I did find one now stating that people who haven't registered are welcomed to come hang out), but the post I saw the other night was in regards to a member inquiring about just buying WTD09 shirts, that his wife and him were planning on coming over but didn't really have the money for registration and what not and were just going to make a day of it and he was basically told to stay home and not all the posts were nice about it either.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Hobbs00S2k,Apr 26 2009, 03:07 PM
S2000 (sorry man, i'm horrible w/ names)
No worries, enjoyed the ride. I guess we all got burned out about the same time. Was expecting to see alot more s2000s than I saw.

I too was stuck behind bikes the whole time. Only once did I have a motorcycle up my tail end. On my last run back I was stuck behind a mid 90's prelude going about 30 mph. Even at that speed that guy was going across the double yellow with his whole car.
Old 04-27-2009, 07:05 AM

Justin, just saw this pic of ya!

-Matt
Old 04-27-2009, 07:13 AM

Hey guys.....Glad everyone was able to make it up....unfortunitly its the nature of these events that you just dont get a lot of clean runs in (unless your one of the crazy guys that go at night). I stayed towards the hellbender and some of the other back roads for that reason but did see S2OOO and Hobbs on a couple passes back through. (I wasnt driving and didnt stop so sry about that!)

As for Hobbs comment on unregistered/uninvited. I was really hoping that it wouldnt make it here but apparently it has.

Yes, there were some hurt feelings about people planning on showing up and not registering for the event. In short, this is why I (and I think Matt as well though I dont want to speak for him) did not register or spend more time up there. It was discussed in the CO forum and we voiced our concerns very loudly. If anyone would like to know just PM.

I cannot elaborate except to say that the fuss was not due to anyone here.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:45 AM

Yikes, terrible pic. LOL. I got some cool videos from the event with my suction cup mount. I a few low on the door and a few really low on the front bumber. I just got to find the time and software to edit them.

Also seen Vadster there. Hadn't seen him in FOREVER. Since we had that mod day.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:25 PM

Here is the link to the thread in question so read it quick before it gets edited: https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.ph...=664343&st=250.

This kind of attitude is one of the things that has turned me off of this organization and why I refuse to promote it in any way. I live only 20 minutes from the Dragon and would bet money I am up there more than 99% of the people on this board. A majority of the "visitors" that were here over the weekend that I actually had the "privilege" to meet, obviously figured that since I was a local, I must be nothing more than a stupid "hillbilly", which us locals were referred to in another thread. Maybe it was because I wasn't with a group of S2000s. Maybe it wasn't. Don't know. Don't care. But I wouldn't PAY for the "privilege" of meeting Ferrari owners, let alone S2000 owners. I'll save my money and get to know car enthusiasts who aren't so full of themselves to put a pricetag on their on their fellowship.
Old 04-27-2009, 05:31 PM

your not the only one that feels that way and Matt and i have brought this up. Dont let the actions of a few leave you with such a poor taste in your mouth though.....this site and a majority of the people on it are here for the same reasons you are
Old 04-27-2009, 05:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't really have a dog in this fight but I have to agree that 99% of the people on here are great. I, like many other, came from Honda-tech and I truly appreciate the patience and knowledge that people have on here.

I have learned so much from this board.

As far as the dragon events go... I understand where you guys are coming from but I have been the past four years and every year it has been worth the cost. We have made great friends at each event and keep in touch with a lot of them. I also, appreciate the fact that this year between thurs and sunday three meals were included as well as the normal tshirt and misc souvenirs. In saying that, I don't agree with the attitude of all the people involved but I manage to avoid the drama and enjoy the friendship.

We, as locals, should definitely take advantage of having this fantastic area close to us. There is no reason we cannot meet up a few times during the year and enjoy the dragon and surrounding roads for the cost of the gas.

I really hope that a few negative comments made about locals will not ruin anyone's outlook on the rest of the community.

I also, hope that I have not stepped on any toes by saying this but I really appreciate what I have taken from these events.

Quick Reply: WTD7