Tennessee S2000 Owners Tennessee - The Volunteer State.

TN Insurance

Old 04-11-2009, 01:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TN Insurance

I think its time for me to shop around for Insurance again. Quite a few changes that might greatly affect my rate. Mainly I turned 26 last year and its been over 3 years since my one and only speeding ticket. Is it off your record in 3 years or 5?

I have the S2000, S10, and Envoy to cover and a renters insurance policy I will need to transfer if I change.

So any recommendations? Do those all in one online quotes really work?

I've had Allstate for over 2 years.

Old 04-12-2009, 04:51 AM

Being in my line of work, I see personal automobile insurance cards everyday. That being said, the majority of people in the northeast Tenn. usually have either State Farm or Tenn. Farm Bureau.

I personally have insurance w/ Safeco (which has since been purchased by Liberty Mutual). I did this for a couple of reasons:

(1) I could do everything online.
(2) It was less expensive than the other places I could get an online quote - inc. Tenn. Farm Bureau.
(3) I did not have to have my credit checked (this is a big deal to me).
(4) I have access to everything online - and the service is always very good.

I personally have three automobiles, homeowners, landlord, and a personal umbrella policy w/ them. But even when I was looking for just automobile insurance, they were the least expensive.

Finally, I notice a lot of people steer away from insurance companies like eSurance, GEICO, and Progressive. The majority of people that seem to have insurance w/ these companies are young people who may not have the best driving records, or may just be starting out w/ their own line of insurance.

Again, just my opinions and observations, your mileage may vary.

Some websites to check though:

http://www.statefarm.com
http://www.fbitn.com
http://www.safeco.com
Old 04-12-2009, 07:15 PM

I have always had State Farm. Don't know if it is the cheapest, but the times I have had to use it has been worry free.
Old 04-13-2009, 05:36 PM

Tickets do come off after 3 years...your correct. I actually switched to GIECO last year because of the service they have provided some other family members. Rate was about half of what i was paying as well so that helped.

They did check my credit history but didnt mind. It actually helped lower my premium so the better for me. When i was still doing P and C insurance i had my S listed as a pleasure driving vehicle with mileage under 9K for a year and the main transportation vehicle my old sebring.

You might want to look into doing something similar....because the S commands a higher premium the pleasure driving status helps to reduce costs.