Tennessee S2000 Owners Tennessee - The Volunteer State.

Thinking about moving north.

Old 09-19-2010, 09:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thinking about moving north.

Need help with some basics. tell me about the good computer graphics/ design schools in the area. Tell me about good areas to live with good schools, for my kids. Tell me about your area and why you do or dont like it. Tell me about cost of living. I would think it is more expensive to live in the greater nashvegas area than in North Alabama. Thanks guys.

P.S. this is intended for Jake, Brad, Russ, the yankee, and the pervert. All others are welcome to reply as well.
Old 09-19-2010, 09:24 AM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 352 Likes on 321 Posts

I know who the perv is
Old 09-19-2010, 09:37 AM
Former Moderator

Received 5,250 Likes on 4,492 Posts

Old 09-19-2010, 09:53 AM

Yes, Alex is the perv. Now gimme some data, bitches.

Don't you live south of Nashville?
Old 09-19-2010, 10:28 AM

yankee = Jersey Pete
Old 09-19-2010, 10:58 AM

Anybody know anything about Watkins College???
Old 09-19-2010, 11:17 AM
Former Moderator

Be more specific about computer graphics Andy, what exactly are you looking for specifically? Programming, Graphic Design, 3D design, back end, front end design?

The more expensive places to live are more South - Southwest parts of town, but those are also some of the nicer obviously.

If you go northeast toward Hendersonville there are some nice places up there and the school system isn't bad. The commute into town is pretty rough though if you have to use Vietnam Vets Parkway.

East Nashville has pockets of nice communities but is oddly surrounded by some trash and ghettoness. If you travel further east out of the downtown area you get into Hermitage then Mt. Juliet which aren't bad places.

West of town is pretty nice in the Bellevue area. I'm not sure about Davidson county schools though. There isn't much just northwest of town unless you end up with a little bit of a drive in Pleasant View.

If you live further South in the Spring Hill area you can get Williamson County schools which are good but not the high prices of Franklin or Brentwood, but it's a pretty good haul into downtown from there.

Of course there are always exceptions and places you can find that are really nice places to live amongst the greater Nashville area, these are just some generalizations from living here all my life.

You pretty much want to avoid living in Antioch and Southeast of downtown unless you want to go far enough to get into Smyrna which there are some nice places down there and near La Vergne.
Old 09-19-2010, 12:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You will have a lot of choices and variables around Nashville.
There several nice areas around, but you need to decide what school you are going to be commuting to and then look to the area convenient to it. If you want to look at places in the areas, Go to Realtracs.com and you can look through the search info to see what is most pertinent to you... school zones. If you have kids, maybe look in Hendersonville, Mt.Juliet, Smyrna, Murfreesboro, Thompson station, and avoid Davidson county until you know the specific area.
If you have any questions, feel free to PM me - I am also a Realtor.
Old 09-19-2010, 02:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ROLLINS,Sep 19 2010, 10:58 AM
Anybody know anything about Watkins College???
I have a friend who is currently going to Watkins and she loves it. She is going for photography, but I know they have a great Graphic design program. Probably one of the best in the area.
Old 09-19-2010, 03:14 PM
Former Moderator

The only thing about getting a Graphic Design degree through there is you can't get a BFA, which a lot of places prefer.

Quick Reply: Thinking about moving north.