Tennessee S2000 Owners Tennessee - The Volunteer State.

Relocating to Nash/Franklin area

Old 01-03-2013, 10:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Relocating to Nash/Franklin area

I am in SW Florida right now and burnt out on the boring area and occupation. I have been looking around quite a bit and the areas south of Nashville look inviting with plenty of potential. I have not been to the area but my main concern is finding a decent job. I was planning on just coming up and them looking but that's obviously not the best idea.

I am looking to get into something with growth potential, I don't mind having to do work to get there. I have experience in a lot of areas, the only thing I would be really against is sitting at a desk 24/7.

Can you guys suggest any companies to start with or areas to stay away from? I am interested in real estate, just worried about starting out on something that may be only commission based.

And the second concern is finding a good property, although I'll probably have to wait a little. I was hoping for a 3/2 on at least an acre with at the bare minimum room for me to build a shop and extra garage (s).

Thanks for any and all help.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:02 AM
Former Moderator

Received 5,250 Likes on 4,492 Posts

propertai

http://www.realtracs.com/
Old 01-03-2013, 10:49 AM

Not sure if going from south Florida to south Nashville is going to fix a boredom problem but the area is nice. You've got fairly large manufacturing plants for both GM (Spring Hill) and Nissan (Smyrna), as well as a pretty busy real estate market in Cool Springs. BoA and Franklin American are the largest I can think of off hand w/ a few members on this board in that line of work. There is also plenty of healthcare work with HCA, Aetna, Emdeon, Vanderbilt, Summit Medical, etc.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:39 AM

Also two large Amazon distribution centers just went in. One in Murfreesboro and one in Wilson county. South Nash can be really nice but also pricey. good luck!
Old 01-03-2013, 12:42 PM

I'll check that real estate site out later, looks nice though.

As far as boredom...I'm looking to get away from straight roads, the snow birds, nothing to do outside (unless you like to fish/boat in my area). And would like more land.

I like getting outside and used to go mountain biking...its too hot and there is only one decent trail here within a decent distance. Curvy roads...that would be awesome. 4 wheeling...would love to get another cherokee for trail riding...driving in a mud pit gets old and expensive.

Not 100% on the location yet, but it looked like a nice area and centrally located.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:49 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If i can help in the real estate field let me know. I am a realtor in Nashville, work for a smaller company called vision realty partners.

Be it for a job or property hit me up.

Matthew - 615-804-0540 Matt@TeamWilsontn.com
Old 01-03-2013, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by aero3685
And would like more land.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:07 PM

I'm only 18 and live at home but my two cents, my moms a realtor and unless you got cash and time to burn, realty in cool springs and south Nashville (I live in Brentwood) are very costly. East Nashville has cheap property to build and sell but you'd have to find the right neighborhoods and most of them would be fixer-uppers/ flipping jobs. I'd suggest taking up the fellow above me on his offer, because if you choose to do any certain job in this populated of an area, you're gonna need to find any kinda route/help you can. Best of luck to you and Nashville is very fun for s2000's (personal experience haha)
Old 01-04-2013, 01:22 PM

Excellent, I'm still at least month out...trying to finish my house to sell it.

Fixer-upper...that's what I'll be looking for, and I'd be looking south of the higher class areas as I won't have that kind of money.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:49 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Probably Spring Hill area then. Lots of deals to be had

Quick Reply: Relocating to Nash/Franklin area