Tennessee S2000 Owners Tennessee - The Volunteer State.

new here, need info

Old 11-27-2010, 06:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new here, need info

hi, i'm new here and looking to buy an s2k sometime in the near future as mainly a track car, but i also wanna be able to drive on the street too. i've been racing go karts the past few years and am looking to move up the racing chain. i'm wondering if there's anyone here that races an s2k... i'm just trying to get a feel for what all racing i could to with an s2k if i bought one. and need to know where i can find rules on the modifications that are and arent allowed and all that stuff.

any info is greatly appreciated!

p.s. the racing karts are for sale if anyone's interested...

thanks
Old 11-27-2010, 06:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You just missed out on my CR... Head up to Alexander, they still have it.
Old 11-27-2010, 07:49 PM

While none of us here in Nashville are wheel to wheel racing our S2000 yet but soon will be.....with NASAProRacing.com. They have a HPDE program that takes you through 4 levels then a comp school to race or time trial. There is also a section here on these boards close to the top of the home page titled Racing and Competition, you will find lots of people there that race and share years of knowledge. SCCA also is a place to look but you need a competition lisence to start with them. My advice if you want to daily drive your car and race it to look into Time Trials. You will need a 4 point roll bar, seat and harness only and that is because some tracks require it. Some tracks will let you run Time Trials with just a helmet. If you want wheel to wheel racing you will have to fully prep the car to pass Tech Inspection and driving on the street after that most likely won't be street legal.

There are plenty of open track events held at the Nashville Super Speedway in Lebanon put on by several different groups. To run with NASA, SCCA, PBOC or BMW Club you will be traveling to Birmingham AL or Atlanta GA most likely. If you have been racing go carts for a few years you will move into racing fast with those groups.

The S2000 for Time Trial with NASA fits nicely in class C or B. The same class for Performance Touring wheel to wheel. In SCCA I think most run T3 class. There is also Honda Challenge with NASA. They class them H1, H2, H3, H4 and H5. The S is in H1 but can be out run by Civis and Integras moving up to H1 with built motors and less weight. No matter what you drive there is always someone somewhere faster. Also, no matter what you drive there is always a class you can fit into. Most of us drive them because they are truely a blast to drive and perform well out of the box.

Sorry for the long post.....too much iced tea for dinner.
Old 11-27-2010, 07:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well said!

Basically what it boils down to is go out and drive one and see what you think. They are truly a driver’s car! I think just about any car that you race prep to be competitive will jar your kidney's out while on the street trying to daily though so it really wouldn't matter which one you pick.
Old 11-28-2010, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Liquidsation,Nov 27 2010, 10:49 PM
While none of us here in Nashville are wheel to wheel racing our S2000 yet but soon will be.....with NASAProRacing.com. They have a HPDE program that takes you through 4 levels then a comp school to race or time trial. There is also a section here on these boards close to the top of the home page titled Racing and Competition, you will find lots of people there that race and share years of knowledge. SCCA also is a place to look but you need a competition lisence to start with them. My advice if you want to daily drive your car and race it to look into Time Trials. You will need a 4 point roll bar, seat and harness only and that is because some tracks require it. Some tracks will let you run Time Trials with just a helmet. If you want wheel to wheel racing you will have to fully prep the car to pass Tech Inspection and driving on the street after that most likely won't be street legal.

There are plenty of open track events held at the Nashville Super Speedway in Lebanon put on by several different groups. To run with NASA, SCCA, PBOC or BMW Club you will be traveling to Birmingham AL or Atlanta GA most likely. If you have been racing go carts for a few years you will move into racing fast with those groups.

The S2000 for Time Trial with NASA fits nicely in class C or B. The same class for Performance Touring wheel to wheel. In SCCA I think most run T3 class. There is also Honda Challenge with NASA. They class them H1, H2, H3, H4 and H5. The S is in H1 but can be out run by Civis and Integras moving up to H1 with built motors and less weight. No matter what you drive there is always someone somewhere faster. Also, no matter what you drive there is always a class you can fit into. Most of us drive them because they are truely a blast to drive and perform well out of the box.

Sorry for the long post.....too much iced tea for dinner.
Can't say it better than Rob.

You should definitely look into Time Trials first especially if you want to drive the car on the street. I'm prepping my car for TTB with NASA, and it is still occasionally street driven. You are welcome to come check out my setup if you like.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:51 PM

You can save a lot of money by purchasing a race or TT ready vehicle. Check out the Racing and Competition for sale section. There have been a couple of top running TT cars sell for a steal.