Tennessee S2000 Owners Tennessee - The Volunteer State.

Music City Dragon Run 2

Old 11-18-2011, 08:58 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I will work on editing my vids and try and post them up today.... Didn't shoot any personal pictures. I know Drew and Amber took quite a few....
Old 11-18-2011, 12:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ordered some fuel banjo washers with spares and some crush washers.. I'm ready next time.
Old 11-18-2011, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by jordanksartell
Originally Posted by Spa_Ap1' timestamp='1321481733' post='21162081
If it ends up being oil starvation it could have been caused by this. OIl jet bolts I had mine changed to the newer kind just as a precaution. May be a possible cause to look into. Hopefully it's something else hat's easily fixed and not something major though.
That's what I kept saying to the guys that were there. I kinda have a feeling that that could be part of it. Thing was though is it was running so well, and even after it started making the noise there was no lack of power and it idled fine.... All I know is that it's 100% mechanically locked in both directions right now.... I definitely know that I will either be upgrading those either way. Whether I use my block or if I get a donor engine, they will surely be switched out.
When you hit the start button, do you hear the bendix coming out and popping or does it make any kind of sound at all? I wonder if your starter started getting "lazy" and has her jacked up. It's hard to believe that there wouldn't be smoke coming out or some type of sign if it was internal. What's the oil smell like (gas, burnt, etc.)?

Originally Posted by Spa_Ap1
I'd think if something like that were to happen, it would probably happen on the dragon. I generally kept mine in second and just ran the whole thing, so it was pretty much between 6k and 9k the entire time. Except on some of the really tight turns it'd dip down. So, it still ran it just made a horrendous noise? And now it does nothing?
Dang, I did a LOT of 1-3 on the dragon I just didn't cross lines like Jeff and Lee so I couldn't keep up.. LoL 2nd is definitely the safe bet for it though (I would imagine), esp if you've never raced your car at all.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Th@n@tos
Originally Posted by jordanksartell' timestamp='1321482023' post='21162099
[quote name='Spa_Ap1' timestamp='1321481733' post='21162081']If it ends up being oil starvation it could have been caused by this. OIl jet bolts I had mine changed to the newer kind just as a precaution. May be a possible cause to look into. Hopefully it's something else hat's easily fixed and not something major though.
That's what I kept saying to the guys that were there. I kinda have a feeling that that could be part of it. Thing was though is it was running so well, and even after it started making the noise there was no lack of power and it idled fine.... All I know is that it's 100% mechanically locked in both directions right now.... I definitely know that I will either be upgrading those either way. Whether I use my block or if I get a donor engine, they will surely be switched out.
When you hit the start button, do you hear the bendix coming out and popping or does it make any kind of sound at all? I wonder if your starter started getting "lazy" and has her jacked up. It's hard to believe that there wouldn't be smoke coming out or some type of sign if it was internal. What's the oil smell like (gas, burnt, etc.)?

Originally Posted by Spa_Ap1
I'd think if something like that were to happen, it would probably happen on the dragon. I generally kept mine in second and just ran the whole thing, so it was pretty much between 6k and 9k the entire time. Except on some of the really tight turns it'd dip down. So, it still ran it just made a horrendous noise? And now it does nothing?
Dang, I did a LOT of 1-3 on the dragon I just didn't cross lines like Jeff and Lee so I couldn't keep up.. LoL 2nd is definitely the safe bet for it though (I would imagine), esp if you've never raced your car at all.
[/quote]

When I push the start button it pops and all the lights go dim, so it's definitely engaging, and like I said, it's definitely locked up. I double checked and it wasn't in gear when I tried rotating the crank, so yes it is mechanically locked in both directions. Oil looks, feels, smells perfectly normal. Honestly it makes not one bit of sense at all. The banjo bolts were only an issue for mid 2002 and prior. After mid 2002 they fixed/upgraded them all. I was in second almost the whole time, averaging around 6-7K RPM, don't ever remember going above 8500 at all.
Old 11-19-2011, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by DDragon22
Hey, has anyone gotten their videos up yet? Or their personal pictures?
Been really busy with school work since we got back. I tried importing them to my computer the other day but in the middle my batteries died and stopped it. Completely forgot about it until now. I'll try and work on it tonight tho
Old 11-23-2011, 08:40 AM

URGENT! I talked to Dave at US129 photos and if we want, we can get every single S2000 picture from the dragon from Saturday AND Sunday for 120$. That's about 4-500 pictures. This will allow those of you who did not opt to buy in to get yours and if we divided it up evenly among us S2000 owners. It would end up being only 17$ for each of us. PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP!
Old 11-23-2011, 08:55 PM

Payment sent.