Tennessee S2000 Owners Tennessee - The Volunteer State.

knoxville S owners

Old 05-12-2009, 12:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default knoxville S owners

so im going into my 2nd month of ownership, and i love this car..but i feel like i am not tapping in to its full potential...can someone who owns an S in the knoxville area take me for a ride and show me how to really drive this thing the way it should be driven?! haha....this is the first MT car ive owned and while i have learned to drive a stick very quickly (have only stalled this car 4 times since i started driving it) i still feel my shifting is subpar.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:39 PM

I suggest going to an autocross and riding along with some of the S owners who drive in those if you want to see some of what the car is capable of

If I was at school and there was an ETR autox coming up that I was going to attend, I would have been more than happy to let you ride shotgun for it.
Old 05-12-2009, 01:27 PM

do u go to UT?
Old 05-12-2009, 02:29 PM

^^^I go to UT.
I'll be hitting some autocrosses once school is back in session and you're more than welcome to tag along.
I can tell you I'm not the best of the best, still learning, but I know a little about the car.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:55 PM

No, unfortunately I got to school near Bristol so I'm in the tri-cities area. I'll be doing a few ETR region autocrosses once school is back in swing in the fall though
Old 05-12-2009, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by ar311unity,May 12 2009, 04:04 PM
so im going into my 2nd month of ownership, and i love this car..but i feel like i am not tapping in to its full potential...can someone who owns an S in the knoxville area take me for a ride and show me how to really drive this thing the way it should be driven?! haha....this is the first MT car ive owned and while i have learned to drive a stick very quickly (have only stalled this car 4 times since i started driving it) i still feel my shifting is subpar.
At this point you don't need to concern yourself with the car's potential - you need to be exploring your potential. Seat time whether DD, auto-x, or whatever will be your friend for now.

Mind your tire pressures and wear and put your fluids on a regular change schedule and check back in a month or so.

Or a day or so if you have any questions.
Old 05-14-2009, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by ar311unity,May 12 2009, 04:04 PM
Are you by chance the one I have see down town in the mornings and or afternoon? The one that I see has an exhaust, is that you? I have the GPW ap2, if you are.
Old 05-19-2009, 07:45 AM

im in west knoxville and can take you for a ride but the above posts are dead on. Its not about the cars potential its about how comfortable you are in the car. Seat time will dictate a lot of that.....when you feel comfortable hit the auto X (i did it ass backwards and loved every minute of it.....youll most likely be slow but who cares. I was out there to learn what to do when the rear stepped out and how to handle rwd. Its saved me several times but its not for everyone)

Last thing you want to do it go to the Dragon and start pushing before your ready.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:57 AM

someone take this man for a ride on the dragon
Old 07-05-2009, 04:59 PM

Can anyone suggest a high quality shop to perform cosmetic touch ups to my S2000? Also anyone know of a good modification shop for brakes, exhaust, suspension? In knoxville?

Quick Reply: knoxville S owners