Tennessee S2000 Owners Tennessee - The Volunteer State.

IRL Vinyl Application Meet

Old 03-29-2010, 09:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IRL Vinyl Application Meet

Jack (inneedindeed), PhoenixINX and I are going to the IRL race in Alabama to represent Honda and take a few parade laps with the VIPs and drivers. As part of that, we need to apply the IRL vinyl this weekend.

I'm looking for a place we could have a quick get together to put on the vinyl (we will need to wash the cars before and have some water available for the install). Hopefully afterwards we can go to BnC and get some photos of all 3 black cars vinyled up!

Anyone have a place we could do this at? Anyone willing to help with the application? I have some experience, but I'm certainly not a pro.

Saturday or Sunday?
Old 03-29-2010, 10:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by brent_strong,Mar 29 2010, 12:55 PM
Jack (inneedindeed), PhoenixINX and I are going to the IRL race in Alabama to represent Honda and take a few parade laps with the VIPs and drivers. As part of that, we need to apply the IRL vinyl this weekend.

I'm looking for a place we could have a quick get together to put on the vinyl (we will need to wash the cars before and have some water available for the install). Hopefully afterwards we can go to BnC and get some photos of all 3 black cars vinyled up!

Anyone have a place we could do this at? Anyone willing to help with the application? I have some experience, but I'm certainly not a pro.

Saturday or Sunday?
You guys are welcome to come over to my townhouse... plenty of parking and easy to get to in south Nashville (Lenox Village).

My car BADLY needs to get cleaned and detailed, since it hasn't seen a decent wash since my track day in November.

Looks like Saturday would be the better of the two days, since Sunday is Easter.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:06 AM

On another note, were you able to pick up the vinyl?
Old 03-29-2010, 11:13 AM

It's being mailed to me tomorrow. Should have it by Thursday.

Your house sounds great. I'll bring my washing supplies. Let's not wax the cars before vinyl - I've heard that some waxes and quick deatailers will keep the vinyl from sticking well. I'm sure after a wash with my kit, they'll look great.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:18 AM

I also think I might bring the guy buying my hardtop to your place too, so we can swap hardware there. Do you have some basic tools for us to use? If not, I don't mind packing a kit (I have everything we'll need).
Old 03-29-2010, 12:11 PM

Should be good on tools, I have all the sockets and wrenches you should need. Anything unique that the top calls for?

What time do we want to get started?

Early afternoon, then off to BNC for photos?
Old 03-29-2010, 12:14 PM

Nothing really unique, I'll bring the hammer and punch needed to bend a tab out of the way. The rest was just 10, 12mm type stuff.

BnC afterwards, definitely!

Let's get together at like 11:00AM. We can wash the 3 cars and dry them in about an hour, probably an hour each to vinyl them and then a couple hours for things we didn't plan for (like lunch).
Old 03-29-2010, 12:56 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Selling the hardtop? I thought you just made a wtb for one?

I may come down and chill with you guys. We will see, sisters seeing is coming up and who knows what she has for us to do.
Old 03-29-2010, 01:24 PM

yep im there!
Old 03-29-2010, 02:01 PM

11am it is!

Once we figure out who all is in, I'll fire over the address via PM (or email).

Quick Reply: IRL Vinyl Application Meet