Tennessee S2000 Owners Tennessee - The Volunteer State.

Easy to easy-medium off-roading near Piegon Forge?

Old 10-25-2007, 06:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Easy to easy-medium off-roading near Piegon Forge?

Hello there!

From Music City, heading out east w/ the Xterra this weekend. Given that it's been raining for the past week, I'd like to find some trails that are only rated easy or just a bit more than that.

We'll be in Piegon Forge, and to be dead honest, I haven't a clue what to do out there. The missus is planning the trip but I'd like to explore a bit. I went to Coal Creek OHV area several months ago; lots of fun. Xterra is stock, the Off-Road trim w/ skidplates. Nonetheless, I'm not looking for anything too technical--don't want to slide, face 200' drops, or really get stuck this time since it's just me (no one else roadin' with me).

Any help, guys?

Hoping to hit the Dragon in the spring w/ the S. I hope it's as fun as the Santa Monica Mountains (Mulholland, etc.) in Southern California!
Old 10-25-2007, 09:23 PM

You go take a drive around Cades Cove. Its not really fourwheelin but you sure wouldnt want to take your S there.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by pyrocpu,Oct 25 2007, 09:16 PM
Hello there!

From Music City, heading out east w/ the Xterra this weekend. Given that it's been raining for the past week, I'd like to find some trails that are only rated easy or just a bit more than that.

We'll be in Piegon Forge, and to be dead honest, I haven't a clue what to do out there. The missus is planning the trip but I'd like to explore a bit. I went to Coal Creek OHV area several months ago; lots of fun. Xterra is stock, the Off-Road trim w/ skidplates. Nonetheless, I'm not looking for anything too technical--don't want to slide, face 200' drops, or really get stuck this time since it's just me (no one else roadin' with me).

Any help, guys?

Hoping to hit the Dragon in the spring w/ the S. I hope it's as fun as the Santa Monica Mountains (Mulholland, etc.) in Southern California!
the only real off road driving would be 2 hours away from G-burg. Cades Cove is nice for the scenery but not much for driving. The chimey tops are great for a bit of hiking in the mountains if your interested. The leaves are starting to change over here so its the perfect time to go.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:31 AM

I agree with doing some good hikes and what not. But I really dont know if anyone in here knows much about four-wheeling. Enjoy your trip though!

-Matt
Old 10-26-2007, 11:07 AM

there are some awesome 4 wheeling places north east of here. from what i hear they are hardcore though couple guys in my neighborhood have built rock climbers and head out there to break a couple axles
Old 10-27-2007, 09:54 AM

Here is a link to a great place outside of Knoxville

http://www.coalcreekohv.com/
Old 10-29-2007, 01:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Been here a while. Don't know of any real "off road" possibilities in the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area.
The best/closest I can think of is around Bluff mountain back towards Knoxville. It would probably beat an Xterra to death though from what I can remember.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:52 PM

This is something I would love to be able to do though. I think if I hadnt gone with the "sports car" segment of things, Id definitely be in a lifted 4x4.

-Matt
Old 10-30-2007, 04:37 AM

i think it would be a lot of fun to do but i would have it only as a purpose built car. That thing would never see the road unless it was on a trailer.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I cut my teeth on VW dune buggies and dirt bikes at places like Royal Blue, Catoosa, Cherokee lake bottoms, Bluff mountain, etc.
I've eaten my share of dirt.
I miss those days.

Quick Reply: Easy to easy-medium off-roading near Piegon Forge?