Tampa Gulf coast and surrounding areas...there be pirates here!!

Reeves Motorsports Gathering 2/4/2012

Old 01-27-2012, 10:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reeves Motorsports Gathering 2/4/2012

Feb 4th Is the Gathering (cars and coffee) at Reeves. I am also enclosing a picture of a "guest" that will be there. This is TENTATIVE, It is being brought by either a veterans or survivors organization. Please spread the word. Come on out. Have a good time.

From what we gather the "guest" will not be here. I apologize

7 - 9 am
Reeves Motorsports
11333 N Florida Ave
Tampa Fl

1.EBungo
2. Cosmo
3.Indyana
4.XSCarAudio
Old 01-27-2012, 11:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In !
Old 01-27-2012, 01:59 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Old 01-27-2012, 04:53 PM

In............also I want to purchase an Orbital sander can you get a discount as we discussed? Can I pick it up next Saturday at C&C?
Old 01-27-2012, 05:04 PM

In. Think I'll have an A4 and a 545I rolling with also.
Old 01-27-2012, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Indyana
In............also I want to purchase an Orbital sander can you get a discount as we discussed? Can I pick it up next Saturday at C&C?

I wanna see you using an orbital sander on your paint . You're really pissed about the whole Peyton Manning thing, huh?
Old 01-27-2012, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by cosmo rockit
Originally Posted by Indyana' timestamp='1327715595' post='21359963

I wanna see you using an orbital sander on your paint . You're really pissed about the whole Peyton Manning thing, huh?
You need to read up on that Orbital. As for Peyton Manning......................read my reply to your post on my FB page. Oh congratulations on your new coach, what do you think of the selection?
Old 01-28-2012, 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by Indyana
Originally Posted by cosmo rockit' timestamp='1327723300' post='21360168
[quote name='Indyana' timestamp='1327715595' post='21359963']

You need to read up on that Orbital. As for Peyton Manning......................read my reply to your post on my FB page. Oh congratulations on your new coach, what do you think of the selection?
[/quote]

Now you aren't going to sand with it are you? Don't see Peyton anywhere near Indy for the future. He's a smart gut...smarter than Irsay and a class act.

Me? New coach....same owners.

Back to topic.
Old 01-28-2012, 06:36 AM

Cosmo, I agree Peyton is a very smart guy however I also think Irsay is a smart guy. This dust up this week is the result of one reporter (thats what he calls himself, more on that, read on) in Indy (Bob Kravitz). Kravitz claims to be a "sports reporter" yet like most reporters today (sports or otherwise) they don't present an objective story instead they inject their OPINION. We could debate that subject for days, so last week Kravitz runs this story about Manning being un happy with the feeling at the Colts facility with people being let go etc. Of course Kravitz's dream comes true and the National media pick up the story and run with it.

Then Kravitz ask Irsay about the story and Manning's feelings etc. next comes Kravitz's story about a rift between Manning and Irsay, national media picks it up and here we go again. I read Kravitz's report of what Irsay said then I found the video of Irsay saying it, lets just say the written story comes across as Irsay being upset however the video puts his comments in context. I have no doubt Irsay & Manning have a mutual respect that few owners/players enjoy.

Now all that said one could accuse me of taking a shoot the messenger (Kravitz) approach to this whole thing however this isn't the first time Kravitz has done this sort of thing, in fact it is his style and most people in Indy know it and dismiss most of what Kravitz writes. Bill Polian wouldn't even talk to Kravitz anymore and would bypass him and go to NFL reporters because of his journalistic ethics.

Bottom line is the Manning issue will play itself out over the next 6 weeks or so. Will he stay? Will he be cut? Will he retire? Only two people know the answers to those questions Peyton Manning & Jim Irsay. In my opinion the whole thing hinges on Peyton's health. Can he play QB at the level he is accustom to in the NFL, what are the risks to his long term health. I did a little research about the injury and surgery he had, it is a very serious deal and honestly it isn't something most people fully recover from. The nerve regeneration is hit or miss and there is permanent loss in the range of motion in the neck. There is the ever present danger of paralysis if he is hit the wrong way.

Will Peyton risk playing again? He and his wife just had twins last year, I can tell you that children change your outlook on life. Peyton will be 36 years old in March he doesn't have anything left to prove in the NFL. I am sure he would like another SB ring or two, maybe a 5th MVP award but honestly he never has been about that stuff, the media have. Lets not forget Manning has earned north of $200 Million just in contracts from the Colts and an estimated $100+ million in endorsements. Irsay paid him $26 million last year and he never took a game day snap. I don't think he needs the money, he has a bright & lucrative future in broadcasting or even coaching.

The contract he is in is tricky for both sides, he seems to be holding the upper hand however he also could make changes to the contract. Which is what I think will happen. I think he will agree to push back the date for the signing bonus to afford himself some more time to heal and rehab himself to a point where he can determine if he can play. The Colts WILL pick Andrew Luck in the Draft, that is a given (IMO) if any one understands the value of a "Franchise QB" it is Jim Irsay. Look at what Peyton has done for the Colts organization, Irsay will not let Luck get away. Will Luck turn out to be the QB everyone says he will? Only time will tell, after all lets not forget that Ryan Leaf was supposed to be a better QB than Manning in the NFL according to many writers and sports junkies and we know how that one turned out.

So the way I see it Manning agrees to push back the deadline for the roster bonus, the Colts draft Luck, if Manning is healthy he plays for the Colts next season and Luck learns from a living legend for a year or two. If Manning isn't healthy he retires. Things are changing in Indy no doubt and time will tell if the new leadership can get back to the level the Colts have played at over the last 10+ years. The good news is Irsay continues to show the fans that he his committed to winning and as a fan I can't ask for anymore than that. I was a fan before Manning arrived and I will be one after he leaves. If Manning plays else where it would be very strange and I will always be a Manning fan until the Colts play him.

Here is a two part story that gives a lot of insight to the contract situation and both perspectives.

Peyton Predicament Part 1

Peyton Predicament Part 2

Sorry for the thread Jack!!
Old 01-28-2012, 10:04 AM

Look....when you have some time you can tell me how you really feel.

Quick Reply: Reeves Motorsports Gathering 2/4/2012