Tampa Gulf coast and surrounding areas...there be pirates here!!

Old 06-24-2009, 12:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

congrats on the purchase, nice s btw.

I use Eneos 5w-30 (full synthetic) with Hamp oil filter, keeping an extra quart of oil in the trunk as well.

hope to see ya'll at some meets
Old 06-24-2009, 06:39 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by slidzhapply,Jun 24 2009, 12:17 PM
congrats on the purchase, nice s btw.

I use Eneos 5w-30 (full synthetic) with Hamp oil filter, keeping an extra quart of oil in the trunk as well.

hope to see ya'll at some meets
Honda Engine design engineer told me NOT to use anything other than the reccomended oil weights for the car, going thinner might not be a big deal but going heavier is a HUGE nonononono. I used to go with a full synthetic zero weight for my VW GTI though, leased car , lot more likely to blow up
Old 06-24-2009, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Elroy,Jun 24 2009, 06:36 AM
No tear. Just a protective patch on the inside to prevent the wear mark increasing.

J
which was reccomended by the district service manager that later denied the car due to the patch. Did I mention I hate Donald , Honda service rep for Tampa/St Pete.
Old 06-24-2009, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by evil s2k,Jun 23 2009, 04:54 PM
yeah, they did put a lot of people out on their buts with this...

Just an update, my service guy called me back and said when he went to order the parts it wouldnt happen and stated it needed the regional Honda reps ok. So he should be in next week to take a look and give it the go.
Donald , everyone HATES Donald. Donald Hates everyone. you will get no notice at all when he wants you to bring the car in too FYI
Old 06-24-2009, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by evil s2k,Jun 23 2009, 04:54 PM
yeah, they did put a lot of people out on their buts with this...

Just an update, my service guy called me back and said when he went to order the parts it wouldnt happen and stated it needed the regional Honda reps ok. So he should be in next week to take a look and give it the go.
Heds up, Make sure you have the top boot in the car or on the car if the top is down when you go for donald to see it. Clean ANY and ALL dust from the underside of the convertable top and the rear area it folds into so it would appear that you ALWAYS use the boot, he will use this as an exuse to deny you. if you do not have a boot borow or buy one before he sees the car .TRUST ME , I have had to deal with donald 2 times for 2 issues with the top on the 06. Both are described to a tee in the TSB onda released after I contacted the Exec Vice Pres of Honda N America.

Did I mention I hate donald.
Old 06-25-2009, 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by JohnsS2000,Jun 24 2009, 10:48 PM
Heds up, Make sure you have the top boot in the car or on the car if the top is down when you go for donald to see it. Clean ANY and ALL dust from the underside of the convertable top and the rear area it folds into so it would appear that you ALWAYS use the boot, he will use this as an exuse to deny you. if you do not have a boot borow or buy one before he sees the car .TRUST ME , I have had to deal with donald 2 times for 2 issues with the top on the 06. Both are described to a tee in the TSB onda released after I contacted the Exec Vice Pres of Honda N America.

Did I mention I hate donald.
wow, this guy just sounds pleasant as hell....thanks for the tips.

sooooooooooooo anyone around here wanna loan me their tonneau cover for a week so I can just keep it in the trunk?
Old 06-25-2009, 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by evil s2k,Jun 25 2009, 04:38 AM
wow, this guy just sounds pleasant as hell....thanks for the tips.

sooooooooooooo anyone around here wanna loan me their tonneau cover for a week so I can just keep it in the trunk?
I have a spare I will sell you..........or loan you if you don't want to buy one however I use mine all the time and I get a good bit of grief from many in the community for it because of having to "fuss" with it when I want to put the top up etc. The reality of the situation for me is I usually have the top down 98% of the time. Reasons why I use it:

1) It looks good, makes the car look better.
2) It protects my top from the sun, and more importantly road grime which gets all over the inside of the top and down in the storage well.
3) It makes the car look finished. (I really hate looking at the latches sticking up).
4) Did I mention it looks good!

It obviously is a matter of preference and for many convenience and I understand that. I can get mine on or off in approx. 3 to 4 minutes and the benefits outweigh the supposed hassle of taking it off or putting it on. I will say that it is a problem if I drive into an unexpected rain shower.

Also did you purchase the car as certified used? If so I would go back to the dealer and make them aware that the tonneau cover is missing and you need it. The list on these things from Honda is $$$$
Old 06-25-2009, 06:13 AM

Just so i know, how much were you thinking? you can PM me if you'd like

I'm just not sure I'd ever use the thing thats all lol, for now tho I'd probably just like to borrow one till I can get this top business taken care of...which i hope is over with soon lol

thanks!

oh, and no, it was not honda certified preowned.