Tampa Gulf coast and surrounding areas...there be pirates here!!

Just bought an S

Old 02-29-2012, 04:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought an S

I live in largo and im itching to go to my first meet.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:45 PM

Welcome and congrats on your new S

I'll set up a meet soon if no one else does.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Come see us at LHT Performance this coming Saturday for introductions and plenty of eye candy...........it's "Decal Day" for the St Pete Grand Prix!! Your timing is perfect...........
Old 02-29-2012, 05:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is Cars & Coffee at Reeves in Tampa Sat @7AM. (see thread in Tampa section) Some of us go there first then are heading over to LHT for decal fest.

Welcome
Old 02-29-2012, 05:13 PM

Thanks for the welcome guys, I,ll def be goin sat! And I've been planning on going to LHT... The folks at real street said you were THE place to go to in clearwater..
Old 02-29-2012, 05:18 PM

Welcome!

We have a CO (community organizer) and hopefully he will set up a meet soon , oh wait he already posted
Old 02-29-2012, 06:52 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

welcome. if you go saturday youll be able to meet most everyone that regular meets
Old 02-29-2012, 07:04 PM

Do a lot of owners usually attend?
Old 03-01-2012, 04:21 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

the regular meets attendance depends on individual schedules. There are some that make most of the meets, some that make only a few, depending on each individual. Typically the bi-weekly meets are Thursdays around7:15/7:30 and are spread out between Tampa & ST Pete/Clearwater. Normal meets are 8 to as many as 15 people
Old 03-01-2012, 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by J's2kdreamer
Do a lot of owners usually attend?

As John said it depends on each persons schedule on any given week. The Tampa Bay area group on the whole is one of the most active and tight knit S2K groups anywhere in the country. We have or participate in several marquee events throughout the year. The weekly or bi-weekly meets are very casual and are focused around a dinner somewhere across the bay area. The meets are just a great way to keep in touch and many friendships have been formed beyond the S2K. We have folks who no longer own an S (for various reasons) but still attend meets etc. because of the friendships they have formed.

We do have a long standing tradition that any new person attending must pick up the dinner check for everyone in attendance. We have found that by allowing the new person to do this they bond much more quickly in the group and of course once we announce that a new person will be attending a meet for the first time we see a spike in attendance and that serves to keep everyone connected on a more regular basis. Looking forward to meeting you at the next event, oh and don’t forget your wallet.

Here are a few other events we commonly organize or participate in throughout the year:

• Indycar St Pete Grand Prix (decal program, parade laps etc.)
• Florida Megameet (gathering of all S2K’s statewide)
• WTD- Wake the Dragon (annual spring trek to Deals Gap NC to drive some of the best roads in the country including “Tail of the Dragon”
• Indycar GP of Alabama (decal program, parade laps)
• Reeves Cars & Coffee- held at Reeves in Tampa the first Saturday of every month 7am to 9am with breakfast after the meet.
• DuPont Cars & Coffee-held the 3rd Saturday of every month at DuPont Registry Headquarters in St Petersburg 7am to 9am.
• Wine Tours- one sometimes two events per year, in the fall or spring to visit several Vineyards & Tasting Rooms.
• Spontaneous small group drives, usually organized by Zacksdad2.
• Poker Runs- S&R Performance has an annual event in February many of the S2K folks participate in.
• Autocross Events-Many of the S2K folks autocross their cars at various events throughout the year.
• Dragonball Run- The Fall event at Deals Gap NC to drive some of the best roads in the country including “Tail of the Dragon”. This trip, spring, fall or both, is a must at some point. It is the most fun you will have in the S.

I am sure I forgot something but that should give you an idea of some of the events available to have fun with in your S.

Quick Reply: Just bought an S