Tampa Gulf coast and surrounding areas...there be pirates here!!

I am sorry. I killed my AP1

Old 05-29-2011, 02:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I am sorry. I killed my AP1

It gave its life for me. I went to pick up a friend who had too much to drink. He was gone by the time I got to O'Brien's.

I came home and probably took a corner harder than most would. Nothing the S can't handle. Instead the brakes didn't respond. I ended up facing a neighbor's tree.

Not sure what happened. I am in shock and my clutch ankle is swollen and I can't walk on it. Going to sleep. The worst part is I will wake up and all of this will NOT be a nightmare.

Update: added pictures of the carnage.
Update 2: After analyzing the crash scene, it appears the brakes did not fail - it only felt that way to me. I hydroplaned on a mix of water and oil.
Update 3: Link to part-out thread https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/873...-ap1-part-out/
Attached Thumbnails I am sorry. I killed my AP1-img_0129.jpg   I am sorry. I killed my AP1-img_0128.jpg   I am sorry. I killed my AP1-img_0127.jpg   I am sorry. I killed my AP1-img_0123.jpg  
Old 05-29-2011, 03:12 AM

wow sorry to hear man...thank god your ok though.....it could have ended with you losing a lot more than just the S...
Old 05-29-2011, 04:13 AM

I'm so sorry man. This is definitely tough to hear. Is the car totaled? Most importantly, thank god you are alright. Keep us updated. I'm sure you will be back on your feet in no time. Again, I'm sorry this happened.
Old 05-29-2011, 05:07 AM

make sure you are OK, then see if the car is totaled...if yes, call me so i CAN COME HELP YOU REMOVE PARTS FOR MY CAR....lol

seriously though.... make sure you are ok. soft tissue damages sometimes takes a while to manifest.

And more seriously, I need parts off your car...if they total it, I need to get with you ASAP.....LOL

SERIOSLY THOUGH: I am glad you are OK. The car can be replaced....you cant (well at least not with as much character)
Old 05-29-2011, 07:28 AM

for making it out of the incident in one piece. I had the exact same injuries when I had my excursion. I've still got the ludicrously expensive ankle brace if you need it. If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate since I'm basically right around the corner.
Old 05-29-2011, 08:48 AM

DAMM! sorry to hear this. Also you were trying to help out a friend...keep a close eye on that ankle. my buddy was in a really bad wrek in a truck and his ankle had to have pins inserted for life...
Old 05-29-2011, 10:14 AM

Pretty sore. Going to get checked out as everyone suggests. Thanks for all the well wishes. I will post pictures for the morbidly curious. Rob you can buy the parts as it looks like I will need the money. I didn't carry collision...
Old 05-29-2011, 10:19 AM

Oh man, from bad to worse. In that case, and in the most respectful way possible, I might need to scavenge a bit, too.
Old 05-29-2011, 10:47 AM

Sorry man... Definitely not a good time for you.

Well dibs on wheels if thats the case....
Old 05-29-2011, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by BelowRadar
Pretty sore. Going to get checked out as everyone suggests. Thanks for all the well wishes. I will post pictures for the morbidly curious. Rob you can buy the parts as it looks like I will need the money. I didn't carry collision...
I am dead serious about soft tissue damage and most insurance companies thinks that phrase is a some kind of black magic or something and are PITA's about paying claims

mostly trim parts and such....fair deal given for sure....let me know when we can meet up and i will start the "healing" process if you are looking to start saving for a new one.

Quick Reply: I am sorry. I killed my AP1