Tampa Gulf coast and surrounding areas...there be pirates here!!

Group drive to South Fl BBQ

Old 05-14-2011, 02:05 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I wont be able to make it sorry guys
Old 05-18-2011, 04:33 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Please post up if you are still planning on coming to S Fl for the BBQ. Nobody has paid yet
Old 05-19-2011, 04:15 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Cant make it myself, will not be anyplace near Florida
Old 05-19-2011, 06:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm out! Gotta busy family schedule............

Have fun & be safe to all those attending. Oh yeah and takes lot's of pictures!!
Old 05-19-2011, 04:11 PM

Its funny how so many people keep wanting a supermeet yet no matter what or where its held 12 people sign up. I'm going either way. will be a fun trip down south
Old 05-20-2011, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by Blacknot
Its funny how so many people keep wanting a supermeet yet no matter what or where its held 12 people sign up. I'm going either way. will be a fun trip down south
would be a fun trip. Its been years since I have been to S Florida and want to make this but unfortunatly most of June I will be on bussiness travel. 4 trips going to New Orleans, D.C, Baltimore, Philly, Jersey, New York etc.. I would much rather take a 3 day weekend and hit up Miami for 1 of those days !
Old 05-20-2011, 11:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Blacknot
I will bite my tounge here and just wish you a safe trip and a fun time.
Old 05-20-2011, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Indyana
Originally Posted by Blacknot' timestamp='1305850295' post='20594521
I will bite my tounge here and just wish you a safe trip and a fun time.
This is directed to anyone here. Its just funny to me that we plan something that cost some money and nobody signed up. Then we have someone form S FL try and put on an event in a park for cheap and hardly anyone signs up for that. Yet you keep seeing all these people interested in having a big meet ask when is it happening? I'm just wondering whats the perfect meet to make everyone happy? LOL
Old 05-20-2011, 05:37 PM

I do not think it is a matter of a perfect meet. The cost to me is irrelevent as it is going to be more in gas than the cost of the venue. The timing on my part just isnt good due to my bussiness travels and there is nothing I can do to control that as I am not the one who arranges the dates and places I go. The month of June just sux for me for having any real plans at all. If this was the last weekend in may, im in. the 2nd weekend of June would even work. For this specific day though, I will be flying back from New York on saturday night. I always look forward to meets and would really enjoy a change of pace and getting to go to an entirely different part of the state for a meet. What ever meet might work out next, where ever it maybe I will try my damndest to make but it will have to be something that will not also fall on a day i will be out of state.

i know your responce is not directed at anyone Ron, more just the lack of anyone signing up for the meet. Just like the last mega/buku/super/monster meet we planned(S2Ki Tampa crew)there was lots of intrest but when it came down to it , time to put the $$ in the bag , there where a minute number of people that actually did sign up and Paypal the $$. I can assure you I was there with the $$ and was highly dissappointed(like all of us) when that meet washed out. I would really like to be able to put something together for everyone to enjoy and have there be No Cost to anyone but the truth of the matter is , it makes no difference where , when , or how much it costs the same issues are going to arise, lots of intrest but not enough $ to do what is needed to put together a successful meet. If I have it my way (and had the resources) I would like to rent a place for the day , just for S2ki members , eat the cost of everything myself , and jus let whoever come out and have fun. I am sure that even that would not make everyone happy. (plus I dont have the $$$)

If I hit the 31 million Lotto I will rent a mansion , maybe Derek Jeter's place and throw a SUPER MEET free to all
Old 05-20-2011, 06:11 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No worries guys, this meet will be canceled. The shelter alone costed me 175 plus tax. I can not afford to put on a meet with less than 40 people. It sucks maybe next time, that is why I planned the event 2 months in advanced so people can take off and make arrangements.

Quick Reply: Group drive to South Fl BBQ