Tampa Gulf coast and surrounding areas...there be pirates here!!

FAST Autocross 9/10/11 @ SPC St Pete

Old 07-28-2011, 01:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Being a new S2K owner for about two weeks, I don't feel like I've had enough seat time to confidently register/compete (not to mention proper tires, etc.). Does anyone know if there is a fee for spectating? I'd still like to come out for support and watch with the fellow S2K'ers to get tips and whatnot.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Watching is free and we'll have plenty of people there.

And honestly this is the best way to get acclimated to your new car
Old 07-28-2011, 02:38 PM

Star Specs for sure! Great price and performance.
Old 07-29-2011, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by rstreeperUM
Being a new S2K owner for about two weeks, I don't feel like I've had enough seat time to confidently register/compete (not to mention proper tires, etc.). Does anyone know if there is a fee for spectating? I'd still like to come out for support and watch with the fellow S2K'ers to get tips and whatnot.
I think it would be a great idea to drive the event. But coming out and hanging is a good time too. If you don't have any experience with autocrossing, register as a novice. FAST likes to make sure you learn the basics, walk the course, and will put an instructor with you (if you want).

If you want to hang out, not drove, but be included in the lunch, its $5. Otherwise its free to watch. Runs start about 10am.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:21 AM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I am IN!!!! I will hopefully be running a non staggered set up then
Old 08-01-2011, 05:21 AM

bump!
Old 08-01-2011, 02:20 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rstreeperUM
Autocross is the best place to learn your car. This group is about fun and driving. They have stock class along with plenty others. Stock is probably the toughest one to win believe it or not. As far as tires go you really need to learn the car. The best tires wont help if you overdrive the car. I'm more then happy to help give you some pointers or ride along with you. I helped Justin gain several seconds on his lap times last time which is huge. Hopefully you can make it out
Old 08-01-2011, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Blacknot
Originally Posted by rstreeperUM' timestamp='1311888123' post='20825678
Autocross is the best place to learn your car. This group is about fun and driving. They have stock class along with plenty others. Stock is probably the toughest one to win believe it or not. As far as tires go you really need to learn the car. The best tires wont help if you overdrive the car. I'm more then happy to help give you some pointers or ride along with you. I helped Justin gain several seconds on his lap times last time which is huge. Hopefully you can make it out
Awesome, thanks for the future help! I'm hoping that I can make it out.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:31 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Blacknot
^^^Very true

I cant wait! This event was such a blast, this definitely will help you learn your car without a doubt, whats great is that you learn your own limits, you'll know what your car likes/kinda likes/ doesnt like/ and HATE lol come join us, you'll be surprised at how good you do!
Old 08-03-2011, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by fastgsx
I think it would be a great idea to drive the event. But coming out and hanging is a good time too. If you don't have any experience with autocrossing, register as a novice. FAST likes to make sure you learn the basics, walk the course, and will put an instructor with you (if you want).

If you want to hang out, not drove, but be included in the lunch, its $5. Otherwise its free to watch. Runs start about 10am.
^^ what he said.

And lots of guys here will ride with you and help you out. I don't own an S2K anymore but I might remember enough about driving them to help you out still

Quick Reply: FAST Autocross 9/10/11 @ SPC St Pete