Tampa Gulf coast and surrounding areas...there be pirates here!!

FAST Autocross 9/10/11 @ SPC St Pete

Old 08-24-2011, 09:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by evil s2k
Looks like online registration is filled up...

15 S2000s on the list
Nice. That's probably the most I've seen sign up for a single fast event. For awhile we were doing 7-8+ every event for awhile, but then most seemed to start dropping off until it was just Jeremy, myself and 1 or 2 others for awhile.. then it was just 1 or 2 total for a long time it seems like.

Anyways, if you guys need any tips look for Jeremy or myself (or about 20 other people..). Jeremy still drives his car so go for a ride with him if you want to see how a fast and very experienced driver drives the S2K.

Oh, and make sure you guys have engines full of oil before the autocross.

Jeremy: Can I borrow your car?
Old 08-24-2011, 10:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave-ROR
Jeremy: Can I borrow your car?
No.
I am still trying to find some tires for my car. So I might not even be driving it.

In the last 6 months I have added a ton of weight to my car. Replaced tired Odyssey battery with a full size one, put my stock exhaust back on, and added a 40lb trailer hitch. That's probably over 100 lbs of weight! That should give me plenty of excuses when I get smoked by a bunch of people.

And stop trying to fool these people. You are way faster than me. I have no chump car trophies and you do. That's all the proof you need right there.
Old 08-25-2011, 03:06 AM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm happy that the turn out in going well, especially with the S2000 drivers. *WARNING* You guys and gals are going to get hooked.
Old 08-25-2011, 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by JeremyStone
No.
I am still trying to find some tires for my car. So I might not even be driving it.

In the last 6 months I have added a ton of weight to my car. Replaced tired Odyssey battery with a full size one, put my stock exhaust back on, and added a 40lb trailer hitch. That's probably over 100 lbs of weight! That should give me plenty of excuses when I get smoked by a bunch of people.

And stop trying to fool these people. You are way faster than me. I have no chump car trophies and you do. That's all the proof you need right there.
I've been wondering where you disappeared to.
I've been working on pulling weight out of my car, trying to get it at least slightly competitive in STR. You don't happen to want to get rid of your silencer for the Greddy, do you?

I'm going to have to try to make it out to one of these FAST events. How big is the SPC site? Worth the drive from Orlando? Maybe I'll head to Brooksville in October.
Old 08-25-2011, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by ViperASR
You don't happen to want to get rid of your silencer for the Greddy, do you?

I'm going to have to try to make it out to one of these FAST events. How big is the SPC site? Worth the drive from Orlando? Maybe I'll head to Brooksville in October.
I'll sell it to you for $400. It comes with a free exhaust and test pipe.

SPC site is worth it most of the time, but it's really course dependent. Every once in a while there is a course that's too tight and it sucks. Doesn't happen that often though.

FAST events in general are definitely worth it though.
Old 08-25-2011, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by ViperASR' timestamp='1314277605' post='20912145
You don't happen to want to get rid of your silencer for the Greddy, do you?

I'll sell it to you for $400. It comes with a free exhaust and test pipe.

SPC site is worth it most of the time, but it's really course dependent. Every once in a while there is a course that's too tight and it sucks. Doesn't happen that often though.

FAST events in general are definitely worth it though.
If you would have been selling it 6 months ago I would have bought it. I've got a HFC and Greddy on the car right now. Can't do a test pipe and stay legal.
Old 08-29-2011, 04:18 AM

LOL starting excuses already?

Chumpcar doesn't have anything to do with autocross, you know that When we both drove S2000s we swapped 1st/2nd, but if you were having a day with clean runs, you won 100% of the time, so you are faster. And smoother and you look ahead more. So it's not BS or trying to fool anyone.
Old 09-09-2011, 04:22 AM

Everybody ready for tomorrow?!

Dont forget to bring SUNSCREEN!!!

Here is the track layout for Saturday. Hoooooray for a SLALOM!!!

Old 09-09-2011, 04:46 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

course looks good. i cant wait!
Old 09-09-2011, 05:43 AM

This is going to be a fast course, might even touch 3rd on the back side...

J

Quick Reply: FAST Autocross 9/10/11 @ SPC St Pete