Tampa Gulf coast and surrounding areas...there be pirates here!!

Don Garlits Drag Racing Museum Meet

Old 09-24-2009, 09:06 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ComposiMo,Sep 24 2009, 03:36 PM
Well, it doesn't look like anyone from around here is wanting to meet up for the drive down there, so i'll just be meeting you guys at the museum or something...

If anyone is up in Ocala and wants to meet up for lunch beforehand, let me know and we'll set something up!

Since its a Saturday, i'm planning at this moment to go to Primary Oven (near the square in Ocala) for lunch, and then head down and wait in the Sonny's parking lot for the S2k gang, and roll into Garlits with them...
I'm really not sure what time I'll be done with my 'morning' obligation. I'll definitely call you if i'm available before 10am for lunch. Primary Oven sounds good too. But, you know me ... i'm down for anything
Old 09-24-2009, 11:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Indyana,Sep 24 2009, 10:02 PM
Are you in? Breakfast? Drive? Museum? All 3??
YES, YES and YES
Old 09-25-2009, 06:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys now that it's the day before I am not ashamed to admit I am giddy with excitement like a little kid who gets to ride in a go kart for the first time.

I'm pretty sure when I bought the car, this kind of thing is what I had in mind.

That all said, I have a few questions:

With regard to tech: I have been looking for a good excuse to pick up a couple of two-way radios. What bands should I be looking at, so they are compatible with whatever radios y'all use?

Anyone else use Loopt on the iPhone? I could meet y'all on I-75 on the way up that way.

I'm going to change my oil this afternoon, and clean my black beauty - anything else I might want to do in advance?

Edit: what tire pressures do y'all use? I'm on standard AP1 sizes, Falkens in the front, Bridgestone's Pole Position's in the rear.
Old 09-25-2009, 06:31 AM

well, I dont think we'll be making this one
Old 09-25-2009, 10:35 AM

Okay, since I can't find any autocross and I need my drive fix real bad...

Who else is going from South Tampa, I can meet you guys around 275 and S. Dale Mabry Hwy, if not then I will just drive upto that breakfast place since the drive is after that...GPS FTMFW! LOL

So I guess I will see most of ya'all there if I get up in time and make it to the breakfast place?

Edit: Just checked that Cracker Barrel is like 51 miles from where I live...that means I would have to leave around 7 to make it there by 8!!

Anyone else going from this side of town? Else I might just stay in bed and wait for the Autocross later next month
Old 09-25-2009, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by S2k_MoZo,Sep 25 2009, 02:35 PM
Okay, since I can't find any autocross ....
Why?

There is one on Sunday in Geneva... not THAT far of a drive (after all, you DO want to drive your car anyway, so it shouldn't matter... hehe) ... sorta... lol!

http://www.cfrsolo2.com/Flyers2009/2...yer_geneva.pdf

Scott: No problem, just keep me posted... i'll probably be there around 10:30 or so, and then was planning on taking the 'back roads' down to Garlits place... prolly a 20-30 minute drive... maybe.
Old 09-25-2009, 10:53 AM

count me in +1, we will do breakfast, drive, and museum. And also i will be at the BP on I-4 and 301 for the drive to Cracker Barrel.
Old 09-25-2009, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by ComposiMo,Sep 25 2009, 10:39 AM
Why?

There is one on Sunday in Geneva... not THAT far of a drive (after all, you DO want to drive your car anyway, so it shouldn't matter... hehe) ... sorta... lol!

http://www.cfrsolo2.com/Flyers2009/2...yer_geneva.pdf

Scott: No problem, just keep me posted... i'll probably be there around 10:30 or so, and then was planning on taking the 'back roads' down to Garlits place... prolly a 20-30 minute drive... maybe.
Thank you sirr!

Now I know where I will be going this Sunday and ima catch up with my sleep on Saturday then. Sorry guys, count me out of this, I would pick autox over anything anyday

Old 09-25-2009, 12:50 PM

Finally leaving work... going to pick up radios & top off with some Mobil 1

Never got an answer on my last post - what do y'all do for tire pressure? I'm at 35psi all around right now.
Old 09-25-2009, 12:54 PM

Whatever you drive on the street normally... don't go do funky things with tire pressures, especially if its going to make your car handle different than what you are used to...

But bottom line.... remember, it is not a race... don't bother trying to impress anyone with your mad driving skillZ... in the past that has led to totaled cars. Just drive normally, enjoy yourself, and arrive safe

Quick Reply: Don Garlits Drag Racing Museum Meet