Tampa Gulf coast and surrounding areas...there be pirates here!!

Dealership called, my car has been in an accident

Old 10-28-2009, 11:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys!
The guy that rear ended my car IS at fault.

There was a slight problem, because His insurance information was not valid!!!!!
I just got a call from my insurance and they finally got a hold of his insurance. It turned out that the cop wrote down the wrong information...

Honda did say they will use all OEM parts and will take care of the repairs.

I'm driving a four door civic, not Si. But at least I have transportation.
I had to fight real hard to get a loaner because Honda felt they were not at fault and had no responability in accommodating me with transportation. They had a used 06 sebring silver but would not loan it to me.
Now, I'm waiting for the "at fault" insurance to call me so I can get into a rental and start fixing my vehicle. I can't believe how much I miss it!

Thanks again to all for the advise and support!
~Cristian
Old 10-29-2009, 02:46 AM

why are you dealing at all with this accident???

I would have been like "Honda, give me a loaner and call me when the car is 100%". you have nothing to do with this accident. It should be between Hondas insurance, the employee who was driving your car and the offending rear end basher. Why are you having to do anything (talk to anyone, be inconvenienced in the least).

And HOW IN THE HELL is honda not at fault???? Sorry...that dog don;t hunt at all. The Tech was in your car on public roads while your car was under the care of the company....they should supply you with everything.

This is crazy
Old 10-29-2009, 03:27 AM

^ Ya - You are getting hosed!

Lindel had an accident with a past car (bumped from the rear) and they took care of everything including the rental. THAT's why they carry insurance!

J
Old 10-29-2009, 03:30 AM

Which dealership are you dealing with? I'm having some unusual problems with Kuhn right now!
Old 10-29-2009, 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by PrimoGen,Oct 29 2009, 02:46 AM
why are you dealing at all with this accident???

I would have been like "Honda, give me a loaner and call me when the car is 100%". you have nothing to do with this accident. It should be between Hondas insurance, the employee who was driving your car and the offending rear end basher. Why are you having to do anything (talk to anyone, be inconvenienced in the least).

And HOW IN THE HELL is honda not at fault???? Sorry...that dog don;t hunt at all. The Tech was in your car on public roads while your car was under the care of the company....they should supply you with everything.

This is crazy
Talk with your agent they should confirm this. Dealerships carry insurance for cars that are in their care for body and or service work. Thay had your car and their employee was involved in the accident not you.

So sorry to hear Cristian, Good Luck with a speedy repair!
Old 10-29-2009, 03:47 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Indyana,Oct 29 2009, 03:32 AM
Talk with your agent they should confirm this. Dealerships carry insurance for cars that are in their care for body and or service work. Thay had your car and their employee was involved in the accident not you.

So sorry to hear Cristian, Good Luck with a speedy repair!
I work at a dealership. If i crash a car its on the dealerships insurance. I do have to pay the $500 deductible. Anytime a vehicle is in the dealerships possesion they are responsible for it. Yes they should give you a loaner because it has nothing to do with your insurance. I hope it works out for you
Old 10-29-2009, 05:27 AM

it is the responsibility of the at fault driver's insurance to provide you a rental car.
easiest way to solve is to just contact your insurance and inform them of what happend then they will go after the at fault parties insurance, meanwhile your insurance will provide you with a rental car. Of course you will have to pay your deductable but you willl get it back from the at fault parties insurance.

thats what I had to do with the last accident I was involved in. took 4 months to get my deductable back but it was worth it, my insurance took care of everything.
Old 10-29-2009, 12:55 PM

here is something new i just learned about insurance and if you are involved / or not but a claim is filed on you, you will have a bad mark against you and they will charge you more on your insurance. My mother was rear ended and was victom of false insurance claim, both are on her insurance record and hold a - on her policy even though she did nothing wrong. So when ever you have an accident, after you get your car fixed get some money from them to offset the extra you will be paying for insurce for the next 5-6 years, and your car now is worth less because it has a carfax history thats worth some cash.
Old 10-29-2009, 01:31 PM

my insurance didnt go up when I had my incident.
Old 10-29-2009, 03:25 PM

wait until renew or change companys - that is when they put it into effect.

Quick Reply: Dealership called, my car has been in an accident