Tampa Gulf coast and surrounding areas...there be pirates here!!

DBRXI

Old 05-29-2011, 08:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DBRXI

Just saw this posted in the Dragon Events forum:

Originally Posted by airgate
Basic Info:

WHAT: DBRXI - 11th annual DragonBall Run Honda S2000 Event
WHERE: Event headquarters will be at the newly renovated Tapoco Lodge located directly off of US 129 in NC
WHEN: September 15th, 16th, 17th and 18th, 2011

Due to size and limitation for banquet facilities, DBRXI WILL BE LIMITED TO 75 TOTAL PEOPLE.
Only 75 TOTAL registration slots will be made available for DBRXI 2011.

DO NOT CALL the Tapoco Lodge now to reserve a room as their system is NOT up and running.
As soon as it is, we will notify you. So that you can start planning, the rates start at $199 per night and INCLUDE breakfast AND dinner for up to 2 people.

The entire property of Tapoco Lodge has been reserved for our event in September, so we will have ALL ROOMS available to us. In the event of overflow, 30 cabins have been reserved at Fontana Village Resort (less than 15 minutes away - driving conservatively).

Registration for DBRXI will be different than in years past.

REGISTRATION FEE for DBRXI will ONLY cover the following:
  • Event Lanyard, name tag and Saturday banquet
ALL OTHER ITEMS WILL BE A LA CARTE (on the side) and available via an ONLINE STORE for purchase:
  • Event t-shirt
  • Event magnet
  • Other items with the event logo
With the limitation on this year's event, ALL MEALS will be 'ON YOUR OWN.' The only meal included with registration will be Saturday night's banquet hosted within the Tapoco Lodge.

Thank you for taking the time to review this information concerning DBRXI 2011. Registration via Eventbrite will be made available JUNE 13th, 2011. Bear in mind at that time you may only be able to actually REGISTER online for the event and make your purchases via the online store for actual event merchandise and you may NOT be able to complete lodging accommodation until later --- please understand that Tapoco is working as quickly as possible to have their system up and running. Oh...and yes, there's FREE WiFi at Tapoco! Should you have any questions, please post here or join the conversation on Facebook at:

DBR on Facebook
tl;dr:
$199/night at Tapoco Lodge (includes breakfast and dinner)
No price yet for registration (includes lanyard, nametag, one dinner)
Only 75 spots open for registration (I'm assuming that doesn't include +1s)

Given the limited entrance, and the huge difference in pricing compared to WTD, I think Shannon and I might have to sit this one out. That is, unless a sizable portion of that 75 are us.

I almost get the feeling that Raul didn't want to resurrect DBR, and is setting this up to be a failure to get that point across.
Old 05-29-2011, 09:07 PM

I will ride the dragon on my bicycle!
Old 05-29-2011, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by BelowRadar
I will ride the dragon on my bicycle!
SO up for that it's not even funny.
Old 05-30-2011, 05:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Topoco Lodge is a very nice, classy place and is priced well with what it offers. It is a private resort.

However, the price for the weekend is is going to be well beyond the reach of many folks who attended in the past. Raul has raised the bar not only in price but also, the venue itself. I am confident that for those who do attend, there will be no disappointments. This place is a legitimate Resort, with the staff on site that can handle the demands of its guests. I can think back upon every trip to the Fontana and always find myself saying that they really lack in the quality personnel to operate that facility in a manner that "wows" its visitors. They just happen to have the monopoly on location and a "decent" rate that that can handle the size of a 200+ car group. Individually, we just have to investigate what we want, when we travel on vacation, and define what our needs are based upon what we can afford.

For me, I just want weather that would be cooler. I find that September is still a little too warm and therefore pick October to travel up to North Georgia and North Carolina. Now, there are quite a few more cars on the road during the "leaf-looker" season but, that description has to include me. That is the reason that I do go up there. But, I have plenty of back roads in my arsenal of choices to get my red line requirements in as well as plenty of just classic scenic stuff to meditate upon for later memories & photo op stuff. If you want a 100%, full blown typical Dragon style, constant knuckle gripping environment, then don't go in October. Find a track and get you rocks off there. Then come out and relax with the rest of us.

Stay tuned for further details on a smaller, non organized week of fun for the week of October 17th. This will not be any kind of "event". No fees, no banquets, no t-shirts, no magnets, etc. It just happens to be the week that Danae could get off from work and is our usual family time to enjoy the beauty of the Fall season. I will have suggested routes, day trips if you will, and Golf will be involved. And yes, the clubs do fit in the trunk. Hence, if that is more your style, then we will look forward to sharing our time you.

Scott
Old 05-30-2011, 08:32 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm not going this year. Im going on a cruise in the end of July. I have taken alot of vacations this year already
Old 05-30-2011, 05:42 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can't make it either. Too many trips at the end of the year.
Old 06-03-2011, 03:34 PM

I'll be elbow deep in an engine rebuild at that time.
Old 06-16-2011, 02:41 PM

www.mountaincabins.cc - get a whole cabin that sleeps 6 for half the price

/shameless plug
Old 06-26-2011, 10:29 AM

Scott, As I live here now 8 to 9 months a year, let me know if I can help in any way for your planned trip in October.

We live not far from Topoca Lodge. I understand it will have a 1930's them with no TVs but with wifi (go figure). We expect it to open any day. I am surprised they have the physical room to host a Dragon run. I also think it will be difficult in this economical environment for them to establish.

Let me know if I can help in any way (cwoods01@tampabay.rr.com).......