Tampa Gulf coast and surrounding areas...there be pirates here!!

DBRX Registration is open!

Old 07-25-2010, 06:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DBRX Registration is open!

I wanted to create a new thread with the info for signing up for this event. Time to put up or shut up!

When: September 23rd-27th, 2010
Where: Fontana Village Resort, Fontana Dam, NC
Registration ENDS 9/2/10 @ 12pm
Fontana rgistration deadline 8/23!!!

DBRX 2010 (DragonBall Run 2010), our 10th annual Honda S2000 event on the famous Dragon! 318 curves in 11 miles and plenty of opportunity to socialize with other S2000 enthusiasts. Located in the beautiful mountains of NC/TN, this is an event not to be missed! (Links to Dragon area information are listed below)

Our event starts September 23rd (Thursday) and ends on September 27th (Monday). A quick itinerary is included below (a complete detailed itinerary will be emailed to you before the event).

NEW! To celebrate our 10th annual DragonBall Run event, we'll have a bonus event at Biltmore Estate in Asheville, NC. Details on this even can be found below.

This year's event will feature all-inclusive ticket pricing. Details below:

DBRX event = September 23rd (Thursday) - September 26th (Sunday)

10th Anniversary Bonus (Biltmore Estate Tour) = September 26th (Sunday) and September 27th (Monday)

DBRX 2010 - DRIVER REGISTRATION - $95 (Thursday - Sunday)
Includes: Dinner on Friday, Lunch on Saturday, Dinner on Saturday (Fontana Village Resort), Event T-Shirt, Magnet, Lanyard with Nametag, Applicable PayPal/Google Checkout Fees.

DBRX 2010 - PASSENGER REGISTRATION - $85 (Thursday - Sunday)
Includes: Dinner on Friday, Lunch on Saturday, Dinner on Saturday (Fontana Village Resort), Event T-Shirt, Lanyard with Nametag, Applicable PayPal/Google Checkout Fees.

DBRX 2010 - EXTRA EVENT T-SHIRT - $20
Includes: 1 event t-shirt.

Make your HOTEL RESERVATIONS by September 2nd (Discounts will not be honored for reservations made AFTER September 2nd) by calling Fontana Village Resort at 800.849.2258 and use code: HONDA DRAGONBALL RUN EVENT. Discounts have been provided for those who utilize our Group Discount. Fontana Village Resort will not honor the room discount if you are not registered for the event. The link below provides additional information on Fontana, including accommodation descriptions, maps and directions.

Link to Fontana Village: http://www.fontanavillage.com

Link to Village Map (Rooms/Cottages): http://www.fontanavillage.com/maps/villagelegend.pdf

QUICK ITINERARY

(Complete *detailed* itinerary will be emailed to you prior to the event)

Thursday, September 23rd - First official day of the event. Many folks come early to get some great runs on the Dragon. DBRX 2010 Staff will be arriving on this day and available for any questions, etc. Not a whole lot is organized on this day, so plan on lunch and dinner to be on your own. Lots of choices on Fontana's property or nearby in Robbinsville.

Friday, September 24th - Lots of Dragon driving and be sure to check out surrounding roads for a great time. More folks will arrive on this day. Plan to attend the gathering which will be held at the Ballfield (back by popular demand). We'll have tables set up. Be sure to wear your lanyard and nametag to join in (this will serve as your MEAL pass for the event weekend). Lots of great times to be had. We'll also have a "First Timer's Orientation" and "Dragon Buddy" ridealong on Friday morning. If this is your first Dragon event, we encourage you to join in and meet some other first timers and learn tips on driving your S2000 on the Dragon.

Saturday, September 25th - The official "DAY" of the event. We'll roll out from Fontana as a large S2000 group - great for video lovers and those wanting great pics of all the S2000s. Dragon driving...and lots of it is on the agenda. Lunch will be provided by Deal's Gap. Check out a variety of Group Drives (these will be organized drives on various roads surrounding the Dragon). If you choose not to do any of the drives, you are welcome to continue driving the Dragon, explore the area on your own or go back to relax at Fontana. Dinner will be served at the Fontana Resort. We'll enjoy a banquet style dinner with a special emphasis on celebrating 10 years of DragonBall Run events!

Sunday, September 26th - Say goodbye to fellow S2000 enthusiasts. Some folks will be driving the Dragon (I know, we're crazy people), but the majority will be leaving on this day. If you opt for the BILTMORE ESTATE TOUR event, then you'll join a group drive from Fontana Village Resort into Asheville, NC. A lunch is planned along with a very special dinner banquet on Biltmore Estate's property.

We look forward to seeing you on the Dragon!

Additional Area Information:
www.tailofthedragon.com
www.dealsgap.com

Ready to Register? Click on the link below:

ATTENTION!
Due to overall costs for the BILTMORE ESTATE TOUR, that portion of DBRX has been canceled. This decision affects ZERO people as no one had registered for that portion of the event.

Basic itinerary has been updated. Thanks.
Old 07-25-2010, 06:55 AM

So now is the time. Please update as to whether or not you have registered and such and I will update our list. I have copied over the list of people that said they were possible from the last thread to go by.

As more and more people are confirmed and registered I'll see if I can put in a call to the Dillard house in Dillard, GA to see about perhaps a discount for us depending on our group size.

I think most have agreed that our groups itinerary is:

-Leave EARLY Thursday morning and make our way to Dillard,Ga
-Stay over night and leave Friday morning and head to the Dragon taking the "scenic route"
-HAVE FUN!

Now I know some of us wont be participating in the Belleview event but dont let that stop you if you want to go for it!!!

1. evil s2k + LittleBlueS2 - NOT Attending!
2. Indyana - Registered
3. Blacknot +1 - NOT registered (Will be attending)
4. captainbk - NOT Attending
5. zacksdad2 - Registered
6. scutrCR - NOT registered
7. kalibo +1 - Registered
8. Jack - NOT registered
9. RXDI +1 - NOT registered
10. Belowradar - NOT registered

This should be a fun time
Old 07-25-2010, 01:04 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm going but damn that registation is expensive
Old 07-25-2010, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Blacknot,Jul 25 2010, 01:04 PM
I'm going but damn that registation is expensive
It is the 10th anniv and I think they have some special stuff included in the registration fee.
Old 07-25-2010, 02:19 PM

I am going but my trip is sorta complicated. I have a Colts game I don't want to miss on the Sunday before we leave and I have business meetings I must be at in Milwaukee so my plan is as follows:

I will be leaving here on Saturday September 18th driving the S to Indy where I will be attending the Colts vs Giants game on Sunday evening the 19th. On Monday morning I will be flying from Indy to Milwaukee for meetings on 9/20 thru Thursday, 9/23. I will fly back to Indy on Thursday evening and drive from Indy (in the S) to Fontana on Friday morning September 24th, meet up with everyone and drive home with the group on Sunday to Tampa (unless anyone wants to head over to the Biltmore?)

I thought about just flying to Indy and flying back here Thursday evening but it is a shorter distance to drive from Indy to Fontana on Friday than Tampa to Fontana.

I am fortunate that I can leave my car in my brothers garage and he will shuttle me to and from the airport so that makes it easy to leave the S for a few days.

Crazy I know but such is my schedule. BTW, I registered and paid for the Honda Homecoming being held in California during this same week and obviously will not be attending that event. I was really looking forward to the trip out west in the S.

What are the odds that all these events happen the same week
Old 07-26-2010, 07:26 AM

FYI!

If for any reason you are holding off to register till a later date you can still call now to make your hotel reservation. Just make sure that you are registered before the 9/2/10 deadline.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:02 AM

damn, $125 for the Biltmore tour! Ive been there twice and it was not half that price when I went.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:04 AM

I'm sure that part will be cool but thats a tad steep. I'm set with all of the other festivities that will be involved...
Old 07-26-2010, 08:07 AM

[QUOTE=scutrCR,Jul 26 2010, 08:02 AM] damn, $125 for the Biltmore tour!
Old 07-26-2010, 11:28 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Indyana,Jul 26 2010, 08:07 AM
BILTMORE ESTATE TOUR - $125 per person (Sunday and Monday)
Includes: Special Event T-Shirt and magnet, Dinner on Sunday (within the Biltmore Estate's property), Group Photo access on Monday morning, Biltmore House Tour, Box Lunch on Monday, Applicable PayPal/Google Checkout Fees.

Looks like you get a shirt & magnet (in addition to the DBRX Fontana shirt & magnet) Dinner at the Biltmore, tour of the Biltmore, lunch, etc.

Just sayin......................
Still very steep.

Quick Reply: DBRX Registration is open!