Tampa Gulf coast and surrounding areas...there be pirates here!!

Bad day any Ideas

Old 03-18-2010, 09:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Bad day any Ideas

So lastnight I was working on my car when I noticed that cam cap number 3 had a small crack forming on it. So I pull the cap to To take a look and sure enough the cap breaks. So I think to myself no big deal I will buy another cap.....WRONG!!! The honda dealer told me that you cant get just that cap that you had to buy the whole head. So I told him that couldnt be and that that was crazy. So I had him fax me over a copy of the page that breaks down the parts so I could tell him which one It was. I got the fax and sure enough it showed that the head came with the caps and no other way. Do you guys have any Ideas? I dont want to repair It and put It on my car and on top of that Thats not even a option because of where It broke. Do any of you guys have a spare junk Head to where I could buy the cap from you ?

Thanks In advance.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:29 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Shouldn't be too diffcult to find a head someone trashed and source a cap from there. Try contacting shops that deal a lot with S2k's. S&R comes to mind as one of the first I'd call.
Old 03-18-2010, 12:58 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Check with Jeff and Bobby at S&R or John at LHT. John was telling me of a place that has tons of used and refurb heads. That guy might have what you need.
Old 03-18-2010, 06:14 PM

Bobbie said he would give me a cap for 15-20 bucks so I was excited but then he changed his mine and said he would only sell me the whole assy. he didnt want to part out the head for one cap.
Old 03-18-2010, 06:51 PM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

I can understand that, If I had a good head I would not part it out.

I have a cap that you can have, price is a foo foo coffee from Mc Ds
Old 03-19-2010, 05:10 AM

honda does sell just the cap, in a set of 5, but you are suppose to have it align bored because these are matching sets and just changing one cap you might run into problems, i thin i would plastic guage the others and the replacement to see the tolarences

that did not sound to GREEDY in this post did it, dont want to offend anyone......
Old 03-19-2010, 05:27 AM

good job andy your therapy is coming along well.....LOL goofball hahaha

seriously though, if what Andy is saying is right then it would be best to "match" the parts.... that means new complete set or complete head....IDK

Look at what you have to go through with 1 single spun bearing.....some things are not meant to be dealt with singularly.

Bobby going back on a sale is unfortunate but you cant blame him for wanting to avoid breaking up what would be a complete head assembly to give up something he would not be able to replace if he did....I am assuming he found out what you are finding out about the part in question.

If you have to get a new head at least you know there are places that have the assembly and it should be considerably less expensive than buying new

I hope this helps in some way
Old 03-19-2010, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by S2KPUDDYDAD,Mar 18 2010, 10:51 PM
I can understand that, If I had a good head I would not part it out.

I have a cap that you can have, price is a foo foo coffee from Mc Ds
Rob told me about this post last night.. looks like the Puddydad has come to the rescue though
Old 03-19-2010, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by PrimoGen,Mar 19 2010, 05:27 AM
good job andy your therapy is coming along well.....LOL goofball hahaha

seriously though, if what Andy is saying is right then it would be best to "match" the parts.... that means new complete set or complete head....IDK

Look at what you have to go through with 1 single spun bearing.....some things are not meant to be dealt with singularly.

Bobby going back on a sale is unfortunate but you cant blame him for wanting to avoid breaking up what would be a complete head assembly to give up something he would not be able to replace if he did....I am assuming he found out what you are finding out about the part in question.

If you have to get a new head at least you know there are places that have the assembly and it should be considerably less expensive than buying new

I hope this helps in some way
I agree I would not part out a perfectly good head.
He told me to find someone with a junk head so I posted on here hoping one of you guys would have one. Thanks for the help guys puddymod I sent you a pm.
Old 03-19-2010, 01:44 PM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 2big4aS2000,Mar 19 2010, 08:10 AM
honda does sell just the cap, in a set of 5, but you are suppose to have it align bored because these are matching sets and just changing one cap you might run into problems, i thin i would plastic guage the others and the replacement to see the tolarences

that did not sound to GREEDY in this post did it, dont want to offend anyone......
the greedy SOB is right ....you know I you man, in a none gay way

I have a few caps, you can check to see if you get lucky and have a match.

Quick Reply: Bad day any Ideas