Tampa Gulf coast and surrounding areas...there be pirates here!!

AP2 seats stolen...>:(

Old 09-28-2011 | 01:38 PM

Default AP2 seats stolen...>:(

It's been a LONG time since I've viewed this site, but I've always enjoyed the info it had to offer. I previously had an AP2 that my sister now drives (I moved away from Florida just this past year), and she told me today that both seats were stolen last night. She was staying with a friend at an apartment complex on Fletcher and 56th, close to USF campus. She came out the next morning to go to class and found the top was slashed, the seats were gone and the glove compartment cleaned out (they didn't look in the secret compartment though ). So she called the cops, called insurance etc. It'll probably get sorted out with insurance and she'll end up buying whatever seats insurance pays out.
I know there's little to no chance of ever getting the seats recovered, so I guess this post is just a venting rant. It sounds pathetic but I really miss my s2k and hearing this happen when I'm 3 states away just bummed me out. And this would be the second time it's been broken into - the first time it happened, it was ON USF campus but at least I caught the guy. I got lucky with the right time and place to catch him, and the university police were able to grab him. This time, I don't get the same satisfaction of knowing the bad guys get caught, just makes me feel helpless. Anyway, I plan on getting back into an s2k when I finish school, and next time around I'm going hard top, seat locks, alarm system and booby traps Thanks for letting me vent - s2ki has always been a supportive online group. Keep your cars safe, everyone!
Old 09-28-2011 | 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by AnthonyNguyen
It's been a LONG time since I've viewed this site, but I've always enjoyed the info it had to offer. I previously had an AP2 that my sister now drives (I moved away from Florida just this past year), and she told me today that both seats were stolen last night. She was staying with a friend at an apartment complex on Fletcher and 56th, close to USF campus. She came out the next morning to go to class and found the top was slashed, the seats were gone and the glove compartment cleaned out (they didn't look in the secret compartment though ). So she called the cops, called insurance etc. It'll probably get sorted out with insurance and she'll end up buying whatever seats insurance pays out.
I know there's little to no chance of ever getting the seats recovered, so I guess this post is just a venting rant. It sounds pathetic but I really miss my s2k and hearing this happen when I'm 3 states away just bummed me out. And this would be the second time it's been broken into - the first time it happened, it was ON USF campus but at least I caught the guy. I got lucky with the right time and place to catch him, and the university police were able to grab him. This time, I don't get the same satisfaction of knowing the bad guys get caught, just makes me feel helpless. Anyway, I plan on getting back into an s2k when I finish school, and next time around I'm going hard top, seat locks, alarm system and booby traps Thanks for letting me vent - s2ki has always been a supportive online group. Keep your cars safe, everyone!

That sucks!
Old 09-28-2011 | 02:55 PM

do u happen to know someone named steve austin? he told me a story about someone he knew with an s2000 and someone was attempting to steal the seats but campus police caught them
Old 09-28-2011 | 03:38 PM

NNNNOOOOOOO. I'll keep an eye out and let your sister know if I see anything. (You probably don't remember me, but I'm pretty sure we went to Lopez Elementary together way back when )
Old 09-28-2011 | 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by slaberdy
do u happen to know someone named steve austin? he told me a story about someone he knew with an s2000 and someone was attempting to steal the seats but campus police caught them
I actually do know a steve austin....I'm fb friends with him too. maybe i'll shoot him a little message. small world haha
Old 09-28-2011 | 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by itsnoe30
NNNNOOOOOOO. I'll keep an eye out and let your sister know if I see anything. (You probably don't remember me, but I'm pretty sure we went to Lopez Elementary together way back when )
haha no way! thanks a lot!
Old 09-28-2011 | 06:11 PM

that sux, looks like theft is up in Tampa, seems to move around. Seat lock n alarm. Hollow points in the 9MM n 6 FMJ rounds in the 357
Old 09-29-2011 | 02:39 AM

Good alarm 1st.
Old 09-29-2011 | 03:51 AM

Sorry mate! I know what it feels like except I had seat locks...
Old 09-29-2011 | 07:47 AM

Alot of times they will total the car since its 10k in damage. If they try that tell the insurance company you will settle for less so you can keep a clean title. You will still get enough money to buy seats $500 and fix the top. In the end you might have alot left over. Sorry to hear this

Quick Reply: AP2 seats stolen...>:(