Sponsor S2000 Exterior and S2000 Interior Deals Sponsor deals on S2000 Body and S2000 Interior accessories

WHEELS FROM JAPAN! - BBS, REGAMASTER, RAYS, WORK, ADVAN!

Old 04-18-2013, 05:03 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Trustd_1
Originally Posted by Mastermind NA' timestamp='1366234176' post='22480957
[quote name='Trustd_1' timestamp='1366142388' post='22478015']
[quote name='Mastermind NA' timestamp='1366137384' post='22477784']
[quote name='Trustd_1' timestamp='1366092130' post='22476562']
[quote name='Mastermind NA' timestamp='1365958976' post='22472916']
[quote name='Trustd_1' timestamp='1365888714' post='22471872']
[quote name='Mastermind NA' timestamp='1365881366' post='22471729']
Haha, on the LM's if we top mount the faces that will put them in the offset range you are looking for. We just sold the second set, but the +45 / +42 set is still there! Let us know.
yes, i was looking at both sets of LMs. not sure if i can live w/the gold full time though. i like reverse mounted faces too. please let me know if you have anything else in my desired range. i'd go down to a +30 or 32 offset if you had something really special. really would love the wheels i originally contacted you about.

We can re-powdercoat the faces to any standard color of your choice for an additional $350 (all 4 faces. This includes stripping, powdercoating, dis-assembly, and re-assembly.

Let us know.
[/quote]

thanks, but i would prefer just to buy a set of wheels that i like & can use as is. repainting or powdercoating is like half a set of tires.

are the golds on both sets of LMs the same color code? not sure if it's the lighting, but the set hat you sold looks a little deeper gold. the one still available looks closer to champagne.

also, what kind of barrels & hardware (bolts) are you using to refurbish the wheels? i take it they're not BBS ones.

finally, what's the price difference on your wheels for pick up purchases?
[/quote]

The gold on both sets is the same (factory from BBS). Difference in shades of gold you are seeing is due to the lighting. Only the lips have been redone by us. All barrels and hardware are also BBS parts

If you pick up the wheels, it will be $100 cheaper. So $1700 picked up.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Rajeet
[/quote]

appreciate the additional info. reassuring to know all parts are authentic BBS. i just have a couple more questions:

for that particular set, how many of the wheels had lips that were repaired?
what was the extent of the damage?
how were they repaired? (machined, filler added/welded?)

what fender mods & tire combo is required to run these on my stock bodied ap2?
(i'm at stock height & will lower no more than 1-1.5" in the future. this is an important factor, as i will probably have to have the fenderwork done on the same trip that i pick the wheels up, so i can roll on the wheels home. i'd leave my stocks at a friends down there, temporarily.

the wheels are growing on me, but honestly, the offsets are scaring me a bit. i know they're not super crazy, but i really don't want to mess w/this car too much. again, i roadtrip the car often w/my gf.

thanks,

CL
[/quote]

Hey CL,

We've repaired all the lips on this set. The extent of the damage on this set was not severe so lips have been machined and high polished.

To run the reverse mounted faces it really depends on tire size, camber, and ride height. If you're looking to run reverse mounted faces and run like 215's in the front and 245's in the rear, you'll need to roll, and perhaps a slight pull, as well as run some negative camber. The other option is to run the faces top mounted to avoid many of these processes. All comes down to matter of preference.

Again, we can top mount the faces for you for no additional charge.

Let us know if you need any other info.

Thanks,
Rajeet@Mastermind
[/quote]

thanks for all the info, Rajeet. i really would like to run reverses, but i'm not sure if i'm willing to have aggressive camber or pull the fenders. well, i'm not that averse to doing so, but my use of the car for long distance trips is a bit of a hindrance.

i'll have to mull it over a bit. i do like the LMs, but honestly, the gold color & offsets are making me a little hesistant. i'm also curious to see what other wheels you will be listing soon too.
[/quote]

No problem. Top mounted specs are going to be right up your alley. here is a pic of a top mounted set we just did for a customer:

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...36606114_n.jpg

We will be posting more wheels starting next week. Have a big load that we're finishing up as we speak.

-Rajeet
Old 04-19-2013, 07:57 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

thanks for your understanding. i'll sit tight until your next installment. if i don't find a set of wheels by early next week, i'm going to order a hardtop.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:35 AM

new stock going up soon? i know others are eagerly anticipating the update too, but i have until noon tomorrow to find some wheels or else i'm going to order my hardtop (vendor needs some lead time, so i can have it installed when i get down there). i much rather have some wheels though.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:23 AM

anything new yet? i have until noon, TODAY, to find some wheels or i have to order my hardtop to give the vendor some leadtime, so i can have it installed when i get to LA this weekend!
Old 04-24-2013, 04:37 PM
Former Sponsor

Thread has been updated with a couple more sets added. More to be added throughout this and next week.

-Mastermind
Old 04-25-2013, 06:58 PM
Former Sponsor

Some more updates with new sets and updated pricing as well. More to be added tomorrow including more cherry 18" BBS LM sets.

Please stay tuned...
Old 04-26-2013, 08:18 PM

i feel like i'm stalking you guys LOL but i'm heading down in a few hours. anything new going up tonight?
Old 04-27-2013, 09:55 AM
Former Sponsor

LOL yeah we'll be posting a few more sets in about an hour or so. We've been extremely busy getting all the work done so we can get the wheels posted asap for you guys.
Old 04-27-2013, 06:03 PM

ok, i'm HERE! please open the door. daddy needs some new shoes! lol
seriously, just passed by sante fe springs. wanted to stop by & check some wheels in person but had to get down to mission viejo to pick up some coilovers. if you guys have anything i want, looks like i'll have to get them shipped. too much of a hassle to find tires and get a friend to come out & get my stock wheels. long day of driving & gotta head back up to LA, so i'll give it rest & stop dominating your thread. looking forward to seeing what else you guys have tho.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:36 PM
Former Sponsor

bump