Sponsor S2000 Exterior and S2000 Interior Deals Sponsor deals on S2000 Body and S2000 Interior accessories

HeelToe Auto's Locking S2000 Top Latch Button !

Old 12-25-2010, 10:54 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The pre order price is like a GB pricing without the need to reach a quota, as with all parts it might look like a simple design. But you cannot just machine a solid piece of aluminum in the shape of an OEM button and drop a lock cylinder in it and have it work . There is a lot of time, and smaller materials that are needed. Keep in mind we are offering them coated, free stickers, striker protector and free shipping!

You cannot get any more OEM looking and quality then this piece. Thanks for all your interests
Old 12-27-2010, 01:51 PM
Former Sponsor

Thanks for all the pre orders!
Old 12-27-2010, 11:11 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck with the sales, I'm gonna have to go with the competition. I like the OEM look but to me the functionality is the most important.

It's amazing that for so long we went without HT locks then 2 shows up virtually at the same time.

Luckily for us consumers, competition should lower the price.
Old 12-27-2010, 11:29 PM
Former Sponsor

No problem, hopefully they can produce a quality piece that fits and works like an OEM piece. When we make a part, it always has to fit or be up to the quality of an OEM piece. This venture might cost more due to little parts and more attention to small details, but we figure some would appreciate the extra effort we put into our product.

We are not here to compete with other people with a price war, we are here to charge a fair price for a quality piece, not priced for large profits or losses, but enough to allow us to continue to provide the S2000 community with new innovative parts! I am always listening and watching for what the S2000 community want and need
Old 12-27-2010, 11:47 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sure you've already seen their product but if you haven't, it looks pretty impressive and seems to be getting good reception from the forum members. Again, the most important thing is functionality so we'll see how well both products do in the coming months.

I'm actually gonna hold off on buying my set for now. My car will be parked for the next 5-6 months so I'll let everyone else be the guinea pigs =] and decide which product after I hear the reviews.

Either way thumbs up to you guys at heeltotoe, 200 dollars is cheap insurance for a 3k dollar hardtop.
Old 12-28-2010, 12:08 AM
Former Sponsor

We initially were going to redesign the whole latch as well. A few things we were worried about, was the fit and finish of the product...will it holdup to the the daily wear of vibrations and shaking that a car endures. The proper clearance needed, the size, and safety of the lock in an accident all come into mind. Not to mention some people like the option that they could run this lock on their soft top as well We really didn't want to change such an important feature of the car such as the latch since it was engineered a certain way for a reason. We decided to try to find a better, easier way while still providing thief deterrent.

We also were aware that as with anything in life, if a thief wants something they will take it no matter what kind of alarm or security you have on the car or hardtop. However the locks are more of a deterrent, they will deter the spontaneous thieves that might see a car and decide to target it at random, and by locking the hardtop and catchers, this will deter these thieves from even attempting to steal the HT. It will definitely increase the time a thief will take.

That was our thoughts and goals as we went into this project, of course the safest way would be to weld the latch and strikers together and then to the frame of the car

We are getting a test fitting done on a local members car,with pictures and video soon to give people a better idea.

Our goal is to protect our fellow members investment first and foremost, that is why we even started this project!

Old 12-30-2010, 10:31 AM
Former Sponsor

Lock the top! And secure the strikers
Old 12-31-2010, 11:49 AM
Former Sponsor

Best looking locks on the marketn Locks will inmclude security for the strikers, stickers, and color of your choice . Why risk fitment issue when you can use OEM!?
Old 01-02-2011, 04:06 PM

Received 107 Likes on 85 Posts

Sheeeeeeit... I would rather pay 200 dollars than have my hard top stolen.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:14 AM
Former Sponsor

Stay tunes for pictures of our HT locks installed!

Quick Reply: HeelToe Auto's Locking S2000 Top Latch Button !