Sponsor S2000 Exterior and S2000 Interior Deals Sponsor deals on S2000 Body and S2000 Interior accessories

Genuine HONDA Access (Premium) mats for "LHD" S2k

Old 11-10-2009, 08:29 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The way i look at it is this -

I don't know if they are real authentic Honda mats, but s2x is a reputable seller and i will take his word for it. Plus, no one has been able to prove that these are not real. I agree that emailing a salesman low on the totem pole won't be able to tell you everything; Honda is a huge company with A LOT of product.

If they are fake, i honestly wouldn't be that hurt. I don't have my set, but from the pictures it seems like the color matching is damn near identical, fitment is great, quality is top notch, and i think they look better than any other mats offered for the s2000.

If they were in fact fakes, they are some damn nice fakes! Why would anyone make these professional looking high quality mats, but try to sell them as a Honda part? Maybe the name "honda" could yield more profit, but i would think that if a company makes such a great product, they would be building some reputation for themselves. Not lurking in the dark.

S2X, are there any pictures of information you could disclose to better your claim for these being authentic Honda for the nay-sayers?
Old 11-10-2009, 08:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All right, to hopefully settle this, once and for all, I decided to do some leg work since no one else was willing to step up to the plate. It actually didn't take too much work, guys.

At first, I was going to go to the German Honda site but they already took the S2000 off the site. Italy is also LHD so I went there next. Lo and behold, they still had our beloved S2000 on the site. Even better, when you use the car configurator and look under interior accessories, well, whaddya know! They have the mats that look just like the ones S2X is selling!

Don't trust me? Go see for yourself!

Go to www.honda.it, enter the automobile site, click on "Configuratore," choose the S2000, click through the selections in the following tabs, then click on the tab "Accessori," click on "Interni," scroll a bit, and you'll see the mats.

Can't get any simpler than that and I can't even read Italian! It's not that hard.

Now, I can't say for sure that S2X didn't, in fact, find someone who makes fakes of these mats but, so far, I have no reason to doubt him. The only thing that this proves is that such mats do indeed exist.

ALSO, if you all will notice, I got shafted since I'm in group #1 for the mats but my set is the only set (other than S2X's own set) that doesn't have an estimated ETA like the rest of group #1. In all likelihood, I will end up in group #2's shipment. So, I really have no reason to be sticking up for S2X and any outsider looking in would probably think I would be right in picketing with zherbo (no offense to either parties). Take this info for whatever it's worth to you.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess Honda of Japan doesn't make LHD floor mats but Honda of Italy does.
Good Job EP Heart.
Old 11-10-2009, 11:43 PM
L-X

Allright guys.
Here is the final attempt to proof that zherbo talks absolute

source: http://www.honda.de/nparcarticles/de...s2000_2008.pdf

I own a set of these and already posted alot of info on them in the "official clean s2k thread (part2)"

Originally Posted by VeilSide AP1,Jul 22 2008, 07:06 PM
What are they?
OEM FTMFW!!

These so called "Premium Floormats" are listed as add ons / accessories within the official S2k-brochure 2008.
Have a look on page 16:
http://www.honda.de/nparcarticles/de...s2000_2008.pdf

Maybe you guys may ask your local honda-dealer whether he could get them for you.

BTW: These mats come including mountings.

For AP2 you just have to cut 2 holes into the carpet in order to reach 2 cavities underneath it. There you adjust 2 pre-shaped pieces of metal (included in the set) on which the mats are attached later.
They can't slip any longer!

If you have an AP1 like I do, these cavities explained above are not where they are supposed to be. So you either have to drill you own holes into the bottom or, that's what I decided to do, you put everything together and only lay the 2-piece mats over the strut. It works, nothing slips at all. It sits pretty tight even without attaching them like they are supposed to.

They are expensive.

click the pic

Hope this helps.

Another Pic:
Old 11-11-2009, 12:27 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

dang...drama!

buy with confidence from SAM.

he would not sell you a product he wouldnt back up 100%
Old 11-11-2009, 06:04 AM

Went to the italy web site that all i need to see, Sam skullhead and all other members, I Zherbo Was Wrong and but based most of it on misinformation direct from Honda, thanks to EP Heart and L-X for correcting me, i want to see the feedback from the buyers when you get your mats, then i guess im going to wish i had stayed on group #1 buy list.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:23 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

very cool information. So these are only offered in Europe then?
Old 11-11-2009, 11:09 AM

i would like a set of black. can you pm me the total shipped to 92808
Old 11-11-2009, 12:28 PM
L-X

BTW: Game over...

I can ensure you guys buy from S2X with confidence
Old 11-11-2009, 02:02 PM
Former Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 1 Post

Looks like everyone should be happy.

s2ki does not allow fakes, so thus the reason this thread is still here.

Quick Reply: Genuine HONDA Access (Premium) mats for "LHD" S2k