Sponsor S2000 Exterior and S2000 Interior Deals Sponsor deals on S2000 Body and S2000 Interior accessories

Forbidden-USA OFFICIAL OEM Style Hardtop

Old 03-26-2014 | 03:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just ordered my double sided carbon fiber 2x2 OEM style hard top and OEM style latches. It's going to be a long couple of weeks. Thank you so much. -Chad
Old 03-27-2014 | 12:35 PM

I bought one of these and I have a Hard Dog rollbar. I had to cut two holes on both sides of the underside of the top where the corners of the rollbar hit the top. Not pretty, but also not an area I look at much when the top is on.

Originally Posted by Angrywankel
Interested in buying one of these. I have the following questions:

1) Can anyone confirm if this will fit over a Hard Dog roll bar. What about the Mugen replica? I'm undecided which i like better.
2) Is there a side-by-side comparison of 1x1 and 2x2 weave? (I have seibon CR Replica wing, would like it to match)
3) Can I order/pay for a top now, and have the delivery scheduled for sometime in January (will not be home to receive it before then)

Thanks.
Old 03-31-2014 | 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by jdbinspired
Finally got our hardtops in. Thanks to Alberto and Bee for always helping out. Great Guys. Excellent customer service.

How good is the paint match? The silver looks a little off. But it may be from the picture.
Old 04-10-2014 | 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by RedSunS2K
How good is the paint match? The silver looks a little off. But it may be from the picture.
Paint matched on point... It just may be the angle of the picture
Old 04-17-2014 | 02:36 AM

Originally Posted by jdbinspired
Finally got our hardtops in. Thanks to Alberto and Bee for always helping out. Great Guys. Excellent customer service.

Is there any little gaps? because I have a slight gap in the rear unless I didn't do the seals correctly..
Old 07-15-2014 | 11:23 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MyHarryNuts
Is there any little gaps? because I have a slight gap in the rear unless I didn't do the seals correctly..
You most likely placed the rear seal wrong. If the seal is so far back, you will create a rear gab.

Email us or call us for questions regarding install or sales.
sales@forbidden-usa.com

Alberto
Old 07-15-2014 | 02:38 PM

I had some old seals on my Mugen Replica top that needed replacing. Just ordered from you guys and want to thank you guys for the great customer service.

Lorton, VA
Old 07-31-2014 | 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by tupakbubba
Alberto,

1. Would this be compatible with Hard Dog Roll Bar? I have the double-diagonal with lower harness bar. So basically all the OEM trimmings, bulkhead and rollbar behind the seat is gone.
2. Will this be compatible with Hard Dog Roll Bar + Soft Top?

Thanks!
Sorry if this was already answered... however, the answer is some modification is required. Hole saw and dremel work well. Need to cut the inner layer of CF ~(2"x4.5") over both the top bends. This is how it went on my AP2. I could have been more diligent removing sound goo material under the mount plates... but I'm guessing that would only be good for an extra 1mm or so.
Old 08-04-2014 | 07:16 AM

Bought a single sided CF oem hardtop from forbidden about a month ago.

Easy to put on and off (that is if you're not anal about air gap between seal and car)
Took me about 8 hours to repeat putting on and removing until I was finally happy with the results. Of course, that's all me trying to perfect the gap.

Top is in great shape, been using it for a month now and no problem other than some wind noise from the door side due to my own workmanship.
During rain, there is some squeaking noise from the rear of the top due to the seal being wet and contact with the body. No biggie for me.

Alberto/Bee provided me with one of the best services I've had for years. Thumbs up for great service!

Only thing that I think can be improved is the gap at the rear of the top. Even perfectly flush at the seal, there's about an inch of a gap between the top window and the car(Not air gap). (Maybe even OEM has a gap, I have not seen one before so I have nothing to compare to)

All for all this is good product and great service!

Update 8/15/2014 :
Although I was the one that caused the seal problems and I didn't even ask for new seals.
Forbidden-USA contacted me the same day after this review and sent me new door seals for free (I covered shipping), this explains their customer's service.
Old 09-17-2014 | 06:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When are you guys having another group buy, im started to look into purchasing a hard top Oem Style - Single Sided CF or double

Quick Reply: Forbidden-USA OFFICIAL OEM Style Hardtop