Sponsor S2000 Exterior and S2000 Interior Deals Sponsor deals on S2000 Body and S2000 Interior accessories

Forbidden-USA OFFICIAL OEM Style Hardtop

Old 06-19-2013 | 08:46 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by skoundrel
I came across this craigslist ad in the NY section advertising free shipping for Forbidden HTs. Is this legit?

http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/pts/3879976910.html
Yes, you can buy it directly from our website using the coupon code or call us.

Alberto
Old 06-19-2013 | 02:56 PM

best price for oem carbon double sided shipped to 33071? the defroster will work on your window? thanks
Old 06-28-2013 | 02:28 PM
Former Sponsor

All PM's replied

Don't miss out on our free shipping sale.

Alberto
Old 07-16-2013 | 05:00 PM
Former Sponsor

Ouhei S2k on our OEM Style Top

Old 08-04-2013 | 03:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone who has purchased these hardtops, how are they holding up? Interested in purchasing one.
Old 08-05-2013 | 06:53 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rawlyjdm4life
Anyone who has purchased these hardtops, how are they holding up? Interested in purchasing one.
Mine's holding up great ~8 months in. Window has done better than I feared and hasn't scratched up like I've heard lexan can. I want to get new front brackets since my OEM soft top latches are a bit worn out and rattle but the top itself has been good. I had an issue with the adhesive on my seals coming off, but I got new 3M stuff and they're fine now.
Old 08-08-2013 | 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Ouhei
Originally Posted by Rawlyjdm4life' timestamp='1375659712' post='22706326
Mine's holding up great ~8 months in. Window has done better than I feared and hasn't scratched up like I've heard lexan can. I want to get new front brackets since my OEM soft top latches are a bit worn out and rattle but the top itself has been good. I had an issue with the adhesive on my seals coming off, but I got new 3M stuff and they're fine now.

awesome my biggest fear was the glass holding up appreciate the response.
Old 08-21-2013 | 06:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Almost 12 month update.

Overall, the top has been fantastic, I find myself leaving it on the car more than off due to the overall look as well as how much it helps tone down the road noise. Its light weight makes it super easy to take on and off as well.

However I am having some quality issues, wondering if anyone else has had their rear window begin debonding itself? I had the lexan preinstalled by Forbidden but after a year of use looks like the top of the window has detatched itself from the hardtop. It's still firmly held in place on the sides and bottom, but the entire top edge of the window can be lifted away from the hardtop. As a result, the lexan rattles against the hardtop even at slow speeds, and am worried about driving the car in fear the window is going to get ripped off. Going to get it repaired, but its still an annoyance that its only lasted a year.
Old 08-21-2013 | 09:05 AM

Old 08-24-2013 | 03:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Update on my problem. Looks like the paint under the window began to crack / flake, and as a result the entire top of the window has come off the hardtop. This likely could have been avoided had the bonded portion of the window not been applied directly to the paint (i.e. if they had masked off the inner rim of the hardtop where the window sits). The bottom (not painted) is still firmly attached. I am having it fixed on my own dime on Monday, but needless to say its frustrating / disappointing that less than a year later a problem like this is presenting itself. I don't abuse my stuff, and I certainly don't understand how I could have abused the rear window on the hardtop anyway. Just a lack of attention to detail, really.

Beware if you are buying your top from Forbidden and are having them paint it / install the window. Special precaution needs to be taken prior to installing the window and painting the tops, to ensure you all don't run into the same issue as me. I'd recommend you request the portion where the window is bonded does not get painted so that the adhesive has an unpainted surface to bond to.

Quick Reply: Forbidden-USA OFFICIAL OEM Style Hardtop