Sponsor S2000 Exterior and S2000 Interior Deals Sponsor deals on S2000 Body and S2000 Interior accessories

Forbidden-USA OFFICIAL OEM Style Hardtop

Old 04-23-2013 | 06:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

*4/23/2013 *
-----------

Still haven't received it yet.

I'm still waiting for the hardtop and just spoke with Alberto who says the windows were coated incorrectly so they're waiting for that to be redone. At this point, I sure hope that when I get the top, everything turns out well and windows/fitment won't have any issues. I'm trying to be optimistic..

I'll keep everyone posted and pictures and reviews will be up once the hardtop is installed (local installation).

Cheers.

Originally Posted by outerorbit1
I just ordered mine today and I'll do a review once it's installed. I called into the shop and the guys were pretty nice and answered all my questions.

Thanks!
Old 05-01-2013 | 10:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When could I expect to receive my HT if I out in an order next week? I've heard people are just now receiving theirs from orders placed in november
Old 05-02-2013 | 03:20 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kennychiwa
When could I expect to receive my HT if I out in an order next week? I've heard people are just now receiving theirs from orders placed in november
1-3 weeks depending on what you are ordering.

FRP OEM tops in stock.

Alberto
Old 05-10-2013 | 06:50 PM

*5/10/2013* (3 months)

After nearly 3 months since I ordered my OEM FRP Hardtop, I will have it installed this upcoming Monday (local install). There was some issue with the window hazing so that had to be redone.

At this point, my expectations are pretty high, and I hope the top is what everyone says it to be, good fitment and good quality. I'm somewhat having mixed feelings, but I'll be sure to make a detailed review with pictures on the product and my experience overall.

Van

*4/23/2013 *
-----------

I'm still waiting for the hardtop and just spoke with Alberto who says the windows were coated incorrectly so they're waiting for that to be redone. At this point, I sure hope that when I get the top, everything turns out well and windows/fitment won't have any issues. I'm trying to be optimistic..

I'll keep everyone posted and pictures and reviews will be up once the hardtop is installed (local installation).

Cheers.

Originally Posted by outerorbit1' timestamp='1361500662' post='22354665
I just ordered mine today and I'll do a review once it's installed. I called into the shop and the guys were pretty nice and answered all my questions.

Thanks!
Old 05-14-2013 | 01:28 PM
Former Sponsor

Old 05-15-2013 | 01:04 PM

Hardtop is installed, time for the long awaited review! (5/15/2013)

I finally got the hardtop installed at Forbidden's shop and had a quick chat with few of the guys who were all pretty cool and were passionate about their cars.

1) Fitment: The top went on pretty good and after the first test drive, there was a small rattle coming from the driver's side latch. That was adjusted and after a second test drive the rattle was gone, and there weren't any other creaks or rattles. Two days have passed and I only hear small creaks once in a while when going over a few bumps on the road, but nothing that would need attention. It's only been three days, but as far as fitment goes, it's good for what you pay for. I would give it a 9/10.

2) Rear Window: The rear window is made out of Lexan I believe and it's clear and looks good from the inside and outside. The two upper corners of my window has a slight haze but it isn't noticeable unless you stick your head inside the car and look for it. I hope that's all the hazing that should take place, and I'll keep an eye out for it over the next few weeks. The window doesn't sit too high off the rear of the rear and there aren't any creaks that I know of either. I wish I could tint it, but from all the reviews, I might just leave it be. Other than the slight hazing on the corners, the window is good and fitment is good as well. I would give it an 8/10.

3) Paint: Paint was really good and the matching is great. I didn't see any imperfections or flaws and it looks good from far away and up close. I would give it a 10/10.

4) Conclusion: For $2,000 it's not bad and you get everything from paint, installation, and a good aftermarket quality hardtop. The only thing I wish could be different, would be an option to opt for the glass window instead of the Lexan. But regardless, I'll see how the top does two to three months from now.

It was worth the wait, and I'm a satisfied customer. Below are two quick photos I managed to snap.

Van

P.S: If anyone tinted the window, how did it turn out? After doing research, I have a feeling it's better to just leave it the way it is.

Pictures:

Name:  Hardtop_1_zps369e8a2d.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  149.5 KB

Name:  Hardtop_2_zps0853f608.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  130.7 KB

*5/10/2013* (3 months)

After nearly 3 months since I ordered my OEM FRP Hardtop, I will have it installed this upcoming Monday (local install). There was some issue with the window hazing so that had to be redone.

At this point, my expectations are pretty high, and I hope the top is what everyone says it to be, good fitment and good quality. I'm somewhat having mixed feelings, but I'll be sure to make a detailed review with pictures on the product and my experience overall.

Van

Originally Posted by outerorbit1' timestamp='1366768901' post='22494680
*4/23/2013 *
-----------

Cheers.

[quote name='outerorbit1' timestamp='1361500662' post='22354665']

Thanks!
[/quote]
Old 05-28-2013 | 09:23 AM

Yesterday I did my first track day with this top. When I go above 80-85 mph with the windows down it develops a strong pulsating air pressure/vibration which is worrying me. Has anyone else experienced something like this?
Old 05-29-2013 | 03:25 PM

Can I get a price for the double sided infused 2x2 weave shipped to 73160?
Old 06-04-2013 | 01:16 PM
Former Sponsor

All PM's replied
Old 06-19-2013 | 08:43 AM

I came across this craigslist ad in the NY section advertising free shipping for Forbidden HTs. Is this legit?

http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/pts/3879976910.html

Quick Reply: Forbidden-USA OFFICIAL OEM Style Hardtop